James Paul Mc Cartney video

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:59 pm

Hmm... and I guess that I will NEVER see that in Brazil [V] (sigh!)!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:44 am

And by the way, I'm very upset with Brazil's recording companies and distributors because "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help!" aren't released YET, just "Yellow Submarine" was, over here. WHEN will they do??[V]
GOD only knows!!! [:(!]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Rudde » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:36 pm

The programme was first screened in America on 16 April 1973 and in Britain on 7 June of the same year. Paul and Wings performing "Big Red Barn", "The Mess", "Maybe I'm Amazed" and "Long Tall Sally". Paul also performed a medley of "Bluebird", "Michelle", "Heart Of The Country", "Mary Had A Little Lamb", and "Yesterday". The show's major number was a Busby Berkely-style musical spectacular, to the tune of "Gotta Sing, Gotta Dance". Other numbers in the show were "Little Women Love", "Uncle Albert", "Another Day", "Oh Women Oh Way" and "Hi Hi Hi".
Rudde

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:43 pm

Yeah that's it Rudde!!Great show!! But didn't Paul also perform "C Moon" and "Live And Let Die" on that show??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:50 pm

Man, I have GOT TO get a videotape of that show!! Come on, MPL!! Release some of this stuff!!!!
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Rudde » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:35 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Yeah that's it Rudde!!Great show!! But didn't Paul also perform "C Moon" and "Live And Let Die" on that show??

Peace.

I dont think Paul perform "C Moon" but there were a clip from the new James Bond movie Live and Let Die
Rudde

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:28 am

If my memory serves me....

The show as aired in the USA on ABC-TV featured live versions of BIG BARN BED, THE MESS, MY LOVE, MAYBE I'M AMAZED, Medley: LITTLE WOMAN LOVE/C MOON/LITTLE WOMAN LOVE and LONG TALL SALLY. It featured a video for MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB. There were in-studio filmed versions of LIVE AND LET DIE, YESTERDAY and the big production number GOTTA SING GOTTA DANCE. LIVE AND LET DIE had Paul changing the lyric "You got to give the other fella hell" to "You gotta give it all you got." Guess he was trying to be PC in '73. The standard version of UNCLE ALBERT (without ADMIRAL HALSEY)was included as well,and it was done in an MTV style video thingy. There was also a clip of people on the street singing Beatles songs, often quite badly. There was also an in-studio moment when Paul at on a chair playing guitar while Linda snapped photos of him. As Linda snapped away Paul did an acoustic guitar medley, singing BLACKBIRD, BLUEBIRD, MICHELLE and HEART OF THE COUNTRY. The version of this show I saw did NOT include ANOTHER DAY, OH WOMAN OH WHY or HI HI HI. Perhaps the US broadcast of the JAMES PAUL McCARTNEY special was abridged. I do, however, recall that I had a bootleg record of the TV show which had those 4 songs, seemingly taken from the official recordings.

This should be available without giving money to bootleggers. In fact, I think they should broadcast it on TV again.
DylansMrJones

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:32 am

Oh yeah...I remember how mad I got at the end of this show! The last song was YESTERDAY, a good version that began with an ad-libed song that was like "So here we sit at the end of another day". When Paul sang YESTERDAY it was great - until ABC-TV decided to interrupt with a "Now stay tuned for" type announcement.
DylansMrJones

Postby theDingle » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:19 pm

I just got this on VHS from ebaY; the visual quality is decent, the sound quality very good, almost excellent, all better than I expected.

I saw this when it first aired in April '73. DylansMrJones stated it quite accurately. It was great to see it again, but Paul should really put out an offical DVD.
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby theDingle » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by theDingle
...but Paul should really put out an offical DVD....official, even, lol!
theDingle

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos