London Town Video

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

London Town Video

Postby cleptosid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 am

We all know how this video goes. The one where Paul opens his coat and he has the dress on. Possibly I am mistaken but was there another version of London Town filmed where they (Paul, Linda and Denny) are in a row boat?. I seem to remember seeing something like this at a past Beatlefest in the 80's.
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Re: London Town Video

Postby Harrythebannister » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:31 pm

There is some footage of Paul, Linda & Denny on a boat on the river Thames shot in '78 during promotion for the "London Town" album. It's B/W and lasts for about 10 minutes and basically features them eating fish & chips and posing for photographers. It ends with an interview with Paul. The cover for the album was taken at this time as well. Maybe you saw a portion of this.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gfgb123 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:There is some footage of Paul, Linda & Denny on a boat on the river Thames shot in '78 during promotion for the "London Town" album. It's B/W and lasts for about 10 minutes and basically features them eating fish & chips and posing for photographers. It ends with an interview with Paul. The cover for the album was taken at this time as well. Maybe you saw a portion of this.

They were eating fish! Did they give up veggies for Lent that year? lol
gfgb123

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:05 am

gfgb123 wrote:
Harrythebannister wrote:There is some footage of Paul, Linda & Denny on a boat on the river Thames shot in '78 during promotion for the "London Town" album. It's B/W and lasts for about 10 minutes and basically features them eating fish & chips and posing for photographers. It ends with an interview with Paul. The cover for the album was taken at this time as well. Maybe you saw a portion of this.

They were eating fish! Did they give up veggies for Lent that year? lol

Maybe it was sausage & chips (Linda McCartney vegetarian ones of course). :wink:
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Videos