McCartney AGREES to pay Heather £55m

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney AGREES to pay Heather £55m

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Re: McCartney AGREES to pay Heather £55m

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=514641&in_page_id=1773

I hope this is true...on ten other occasions, its been announced that they'd reached an agreement. I can't believe Paul got her to sign a confidentiality agreement, but I think that is very very good news for him and his legacy. Regardless of what caused the breakdown of their marriage, it's best that it doesn't turn into any more of a he-said she-said saga than it already has.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby NyP1942 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:43 pm

really?? I can't believe it. At last!! Congratulations Paul
NyP1942

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm hoping this report is true and that this fiasco is finally over for Paul's sake.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't trust any news source that has a link to pictures of a star in a bikini in one section and a link to a story about a brother and sister who want to be a couple right next to it.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Vera » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:35 am

Didn't she promise to give 80 per cent to charity?
Vera

Postby Laura » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:10 am

Now she can be a nobody and not be in the limelight .
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Again, only about the 400th announcement from the newspapers of the settlement, what makes this different, I don't know I have read it. I'll comment anyway. I've always said she and Paul are no different then any other married couple and the law says something like the spouse should get half of the income earned during the marriage. Why do people act so shocked. We look for budget hotels to stay or shrug at paying $400 a night and they pay tens of thousands a night. We struggle to put gas in our freaking cars and they charter private jets. To do anything you want, anytime you want and not have to worry about money is the lifestyle we all dream about.

As much as we like to think Paul as like us, he isn't. He has the luxury of a huge bank accounts and investments with residual income coming in from many sources including The Beatles and his solo career as well as new income from current projects. I do believe she has no right to any of that residual income, there is plenty of new income from which Paul can pay her out. I'm sure Paul has made more the 110m during the 4 years or so of their marriage. The important thing if true, is the non-disclosure agreement. Paul she makes sure everyone around him signs one which has surely contributed to how stable his lifestyle/family life have been over the decades. He sure has his feet on the ground as compared to the tons of stories out there of how celebs react to fame. As much as it would be an interesting read, the personal stuff is and so should remain personal.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Mike wrote: As much as it would be an interesting read, the personal stuff is and so should remain personal.

i'm glad you share my view on this subject. i personally have no interest in this subject. i have not taken sides over this. i wish him well, obviously...but my only true concern is his music. but...being a celebrity, he will always be subject to speculation and rumor...the price you pay for fame, i suppose.

i can say...(assuming this news to be based on fact) that i am glad this is over. then we can stop talking about his personal life and continue talking about what really matters...at least to me...the man's music.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby GNR » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:15 pm

He is a dope if he paid anything for a non-disclosure agreement. It will all come out and will not be traceable to her.
GNR
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media