Pete Best Band

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Pete Best Band

Postby Brainwashed » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Has anyone heard of Pete Best's band, if so are they any good because I would'nt mind hearing some of his stuff. If anyone knows where buy to his albums please let me know!
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Pete Best Band

Postby flextint » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:08 am

i saw pete best band in montreal a few years back.As far as i know the band plays only cover songs of early beatle classics.He did that night.The album i did see of his was old covers also.Try the hmv stores if still interested.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:38 pm

he'll be playing at a packed phone booth near you. check your local ticketmaster for remaining ticket.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccamania102 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:20 pm

The Pete Best Band doing early Beatle classics....sorry but that's pretty pathetic.
maccamania102

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:26 am

maccamania102 wrote:The Pete Best Band doing early Beatle classics....sorry but that's pretty pathetic.

When I seen them in Toronto summer 97...it was all covers and it was like hard rock cover versions....kinda wierd...I bought the CD though...and Pete signed it and he's very nice.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mclarke825 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 am

I'll never forget when he was on "What's My Line" back when the Beatles were conquering the world (it's on one of the Beatles DVD's I have). After they guessed that he had been in the Beatles before Ringo, he said that he left the group to pursue other interests! Right!
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 pm

I saw them live in a small club a couple months ago and I met Pete and got my picture with him :) he's really sweet. They play what The Beatles would have played at The Cavern it was really neat experience to remember for sure and I got a snazzy Silver Beatles poster signed by Pete :wink:
RhayaOnTheHill

Postby robeekay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Don't know if you know this or not, but Pete Best and his band just released a CD of original music called Hayman's Green. I like it very much. It has a nice Merseybeat sound, especially the title song which is about the Casbah. I got it on amazon.
robeekay

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Brainwashed wrote:Has anyone heard of Pete Best's band, if so are they any good because I would'nt mind hearing some of his stuff. If anyone knows where buy to his albums please let me know!

Go to Amazon.com search Pete Best and their you go , His new cd is'nt bad :-h
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby redrose » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:53 am

I've seen the PBB a couple of times. Once in 2003 at the Royal Court in Liverpool for a show called Merseybeat versus Soul. The Pete Best Band played with two drummers - Roag and Pete Best - and they did a lot of the early rock and roll numbers. Their performance demonstrated Pete's famous atomic beat. Nothing by the Beatles of course, just covers of Twist & Shout, Good Golly Miss Molly etc. The Searchers also showcased their hits from the 60's. The soul acts included the Velvelettes who had a hit with 'Needle in a haystack'.

Not sure who won the competition, as all the bands were great, the Merseybeat bands rough and ready and the soul bands very professional and slick.

A very enjoyable night!!

redrose @};-
redrose
redrose

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions