The Worst Moment In Rock Music

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

The Worst Moment In Rock Music

Postby jet » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:29 pm

Last night, I saw the last 20 minutes of a programme called 'The 100 Worst Moments In Rock Music' on UK satellite music channel VH1.I had little doubt as to what would be the No1 worst moment and sure enough, it was indeed the murder of John Lennon. I'm sure none of us would want to argue with that.
jet

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:06 pm

Yeah I agree... It really was a shock for me...It was almost 22 years ago but I clearly remmember the first thing I thought:
"My God!! How can a Beatle die??" And a teardrop rolled down on my face... Never thought any of them could die THAT way... I always imagined about all of them as friendly grandpas(thank God, as Paul and Ringo are) with grandchildren at their feet... Doesn't matter to me if many people think John is a freaky guy, 'cos his death was a big loss to the rock music.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby megs » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:28 pm

i remember seeing that on vh-1 and even though i wasnt alive when he died i always get sad when they talk about his death on vh-1[:(]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:13 am

The day the music died.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:28 am

When I was a young Beatles fan (8 years or so), my dad once told me "John is dead" when I asked what they were up to these days. Man, that was a shock. He could have done that more sensitively[:0]
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:23 am

quote:Originally posted by jet
Last night, I saw the last 20 minutes of a programme called 'The 100 Worst Moments In Rock Music' on UK satellite music channel VH1.I had little doubt as to what would be the No1 worst moment and sure enough, it was indeed the murder of John Lennon. I'm sure none of us would want to argue with that.

I think that was initially on a few months back, I remember reading about it - and damn right, Lennon should be top of the list. I think it was actually called "most shocking moments", rather than "worst". Still . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Fri May 30, 2003 3:59 pm

Even though I wasn't born until eight years after this happened; i still get upset about it, and I cried when I was reading a john lennon book and it talked about this. It might not seem bad, but it was in ENGLISH CLASS. So, yea. I wasn't sobbing, I held that, but I was teary.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:46 pm

The night he was shot I had discovered Starting Over on a jukebox in a bar, so I played it while downing a Bud. I really liked the retro sound of it. I found out about his death the next day.
theDingle

Return to JOHN