MACCA-Chat is BACK !!!

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

fyi Mike.

Postby luvsmacca » Wed May 02, 2007 11:50 am

I should explain this. what I had done, was to upgrade the Java Program to 6.0, a new window said to upgrade, and I did that ok. after I upgraded to the new 6.0, I tried getting back in the chat, it was a no go. so after trying to get in, I realyzed I had to uninstall the 6.0 program, and go back to the original 5.0, to get back inside the chat room. :) now it works fine. amazing this internet thingy isnt it? :)
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed May 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Glad you got it sorted out as you made it sound like it was my problem :) I do use an external chat server now but the interface to it I control 100%. When people login and out all day long with no problems and then someone complains of problems why they can't, the answer is simple, it's isolated to the user's computer, not the website.

Saying that, yeah, java isn't always included in every browser which is why I have the test java section and the links to download update.

Good to see your back on MACCA-Chat.
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: MACCA-Chat is BACK !!!

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:43 pm

I've re-added the link just to the right of the Logout link on the left under the main header, MACCA-Chat. When you are logged in, you will see the link and when you click MACCA-Chat, it will pop open a window and automatically log you into the MACCA-Chat room.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Moved to a new chat server. so chat is back functional, you can click the link in the header and if your logged in, it will use your login as your nick.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby luvsmacca » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 pm

I have tried to get into the Chat room, using the Java softwear program, 5 I believe. and it is not opening?? it says, when I hit the run button to get in, of Java. says unable to connect to the server. for over a week now?? whats up? have a great day ok! luv, luvsmacca :) :) :?
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:02 am

Ah, that it MY MISTAKE. I had to change chat servers and missed editing a file for the link from the home page. I will get at it later, but in the meantime, there is a MACCA-Chat link above on every page of oBLOGdi-oBLOGda. It's on the left side just under the thin blue line under the header.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements