MACCA Radio back ON-THE-AIR, need feedback

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA Radio back ON-THE-AIR, need feedback

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:39 pm

New 128k and 32k standard streams have been setup and listeners are coming on board. Please report comparisons to previous streams or any issues immediately right here or email me at report@maccaradio.com Your feedback is valuable so I can tweak the settings.

For example, what the 128k stream compares to the previous 48k AAC Plus ? Since many more people listened with the plain jane mp3 stream instead of the higher quality AAC plus probably because they couldn't be bothered to figure out how to install the plugin with Windows Media Player or bother to download the latest WinAmp that has AAC Plus built-in. Until that time that listeners demand AAC Plus, I'm going to run for the lowest denominator, the simplest setup. If listenership grows then I'll add a separate AAC Plus stream as before.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: MACCA Radio back ON-THE-AIR, need feedback

Postby mrsm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm

hey mike , there's nothing like advertising to get more support. got any maccaradio.com bumper stickers? i don't usually put those on my car, but i'd proudly display one if i had it! :D
i light a candle to our love, in love all problems disappear.
mrsm

Postby Brainwashed » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:03 pm

During the segments and breaks try to play other solo music like John, Ringo and George.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Mike, why don't you try a fan hour.
Music from the fans.
After all it is Beatles Solo & Friends.
Who's a bigger friend than the fan...right.
It can be original stuff or Beatle stuff or whatever.

I know that there is enough talent within the forum to sustain an hour per week.
Hell Mike, you could do an hour by yourself.
Our new friend Wiseblood has an album he has just released.
Heck I'll even go to my nephews little studio and put something together.

....and if the talent level is that scary...we'll just make the time slot when listeners are less likely to be tuned in. :D
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:02 pm

Brainwashed wrote:During the segments and breaks try to play other solo music like John, Ringo and George.

Here is a link to the weekly schedule that I'm adjusting. http://www.macca-central.com/maccaradio/schedule.php
Usually program blocks are 4 hours long of a particular them. Is four hours too short ?

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:Mike, why don't you try a fan hour.
Music from the fans.

I know that there is enough talent within the forum to sustain an hour per week.

....and if the talent level is that scary...we'll just make the time slot when listeners are less likely to be tuned in. :D

We tried kicking that off a few times but wasn't enough participation, the thread would get buried after a week or so. Maybe if I make it STICKY to stay on the top. Maybe I'll did up and resurrect an old thread to carry on the discussion. That certainly would be worth an hour show weekly or bi-weekly.

mrsm wrote:hey mike , there's nothing like advertising to get more support. got any maccaradio.com bumper stickers? i don't usually put those on my car, but i'd proudly display one if i had it! :D
Was going to get a few things printed up but never got enough money saved up to do it :) Leaving messages where allowed in other boards, chatrooms and websites referring MACCA-Radio would be helpful.
Mike

Postby mrsm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Mike wrote:
Brainwashed wrote:During the segments and breaks try to play other solo music like John, Ringo and George.

Here is a link to the weekly schedule that I'm adjusting. http://www.macca-central.com/maccaradio/schedule.php
Usually program blocks are 4 hours long of a particular them. Is four hours too short ?

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:Mike, why don't you try a fan hour.
Music from the fans.

We tried kicking that off a few times but wasn't enough participation, the thread would get buried after a week or so. Maybe if I make it STICKY to stay on the top. Maybe I'll did up and resurrect an old thread to carry on the discussion. That certainly would be worth an hour show weekly or bi-weekly.

mrsm wrote:hey mike , there's nothing like advertising to get more support. got any maccaradio.com bumper stickers? i don't usually put those on my car, but i'd proudly display one if i had it! :D
Was going to get a few things printed up but never got enough money saved up to do it :) Leaving messages where allowed in other boards, chatrooms and websites referring MACCA-Radio would be helpful.

gotcha ! will see what i can do! :wink:
i light a candle to our love, in love all problems disappear.
mrsm

Postby Brainwashed » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:22 am

Mike wrote:

I ment during The Maccaradio Ads
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Teacup » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:08 am

what time zone?

darn, good interviews in wee hrs. of morning - I will have sleep thru them.
.... take these broken wings and learn to fly ....
Teacup

Postby Teacup » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:17 am

also, just curious -- does this site - and/or Macca still support Adopt A Minefield. I know that was the X's baby, so just curious.
.... take these broken wings and learn to fly ....
Teacup

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:43 pm

The 128 k stream sounds absolutely fine to me. As I said before, I'm not an audiophile and my ears are easy to please in that sense (I'd rather listen to any Macca album - except Macca II :wink: - on an old cassette player than to, for instance, Phil Collins in Dolby Surround), but I do think it sounds better than before :)

Now the schedule is of course entirely up to you, Mike. If, however, you wish to get us a little involved, why don't you set up some sort of poll, for example about the approximate percentages of each artist people would want to hear - like Macca solo/Wings 40%, Beatles 20%, John and George solo 15% each, Ringo solo 5% and Beatles related artists (Traveling Wilburys, Jeff Lynne and Rusty Anderson) 5% (which would be my choice :) ).

As for advertising, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. As I said, Germany is a waste land in that sense - at best, I could advertise it as "Beatles Radio" among the 50+. Anything beyond that would be like advertising pork pies among veggies or Muslims :cry:

Finally, as for Adopt-A-Minefield, I'm pretty sure Macca continued supporting it after splitting with Heather - isn't the white wristband he is wearing in support of that? In any case, I wouldn't be surprised - he has too much class to dump a worthy cause just because his ex also supports it.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements