Geoff Emerick - Keeper of the secrets

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:21 pm

Geoff Emerick has been Paul's loyal recording engineer and collabator for nearly 40 years. I would really like to see somebody interview him and further i think it would be really interesting for him to write a book about this experiences. He has recorded many of Paul's albums and is always seen by his side. It would be interesting to see his feelings on how Paul records and how he has kept his music fresh. I don't know if he is credited on Driving Rain but it would be interesting
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:21 pm

Geoff Emerick has been Paul's loyal recording engineer and collabator for nearly 40 years. I would really like to see somebody interview him and further i think it would be really interesting for him to write a book about this experiences. He has recorded many of Paul's albums and is always seen by his side. It would be interesting to see his feelings on how Paul records and how he has kept his music fresh. I don't know if he is credited on Driving Rain but it would be interesting
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:44 pm

Indeed--would be interesting. By the way, he is credited as "additonal engineer" on track 7 (magic) and 11 (heather) along with Paul Hicks.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:36 pm

I agree. It will be very interesting to hear from someone who contributed a lot to all the songs we've been enjoying these past years.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:31 am

Perhaps he has already been approached by some enterprizing writer and didn't wanna talk for fear of jeapordizing his working relationship with Paul. I mean somewhere out there some author must know about him.
Look at George Martin. He's got a new Genesis book coming out, but if his other two books are any clue, George doesn't have a big mouth. George could tell a lot but he never has and never will. He's too much a gentleman in the best sense of the word.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:59 am

Interesting thoughts.

Btw, Chris - congrats on 300 posts! Has Ram provided you with the relevant info?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:30 am

Ram said something about getting beaten bloody with a paddle. Actually, dude, i have a lot more posts (remember when they deleted all the posts from April and May) - hey, i was an original member before the crash[^]
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:36 am

Yeah, I noticed. It was around the time I joined that they were going on about your first disappearance. The "Where In The World Is Chris Speers" thread - you should be able to find it if you go back far enough . . .
Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:29 pm

Geoff has always been identified with The Beatles, has he worked with other artists as well? George Martin I know collaborated with America and some other artists after the break-up, what about Geoff?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:12 am

Almost certainly. I doubt that he went and twiddled his thumbs for thirty years after The Beatles broke up!
Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions