"I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: "I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:07 am

gfgb123 wrote: It's not always clear how far into the album that McCulloch and English left.

I know that Jimmy played on "London Town", "Cafe on the Left Bank", "I've Had Enough", "With A Little Luck", "Famous Groupies" "Don't Let It Bring You Down", "Morse Moose & the Grey Goose" and "Girls School". I am not too sure on "Name & Address"...
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: "I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:16 am

piami wrote:I often wondered how Wings might have fared if the '75-'77 lineup had remained intact into the '80's. What could Jimmy have done for a song like "On The Way"? Still, I wonder if after Speed Of Sound, Jimmy & Denny might have been pushing to be featured more. I wonder if that's a big reason why Jimmy left.

Who knows if Jimmy would have even made it to the 80's to be honest. If Jimmy and Joe would have stayed in Wings past 1977, then they would have toured in '78-79 and if Jimmy still died in Sept '79 then that would have been a huge blow to Wings and in my opinion would have broken them up. Jimmy might have tried to be featured more although it's possible that he didn't like to sing all that much so he was just fine with one song per album and during live concerts although from the footage that I've seen of the '75-76 tour...it looked like he enjoyed performing his song to the audience. I'll have to ask Colin Allen about that.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos