Jacko to McCartney -- You're Dead to Me!

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:10 am

Posted Dec 24th 2007 6:52AM by TMZ Staff

Maybe he's on Team Heather, maybe he's just jealous that Paul's still got a face, but Michael Jackson has a message for Paul McCartney on the 25th anniversary release of "Thriller" -- the song is mine!

FOX News reports that the new mixes on the re-release of "Thriller" are out, and Paul is nowhere to be seen on the new version of "The Girl is Mine." Jacko and producer Will.I.Am have scrubbed Macca out of the song, which was originally, of course, a duet. He's a real nowhere man!

Kanye West does a version of "Billie Jean," while Akon has his own rendition of "Wanna Be Starting Something."
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Jacko to McCartney -- You're Dead to Me!

Postby Cologne girl » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:31 pm

I can imagine what the problem is: Macca is simply too old :wink: (sorry for being slightly nasty here...)

Whatever it is, I'm torn between feeling sorry for the man or just despising him. He looks like a monster - even my kids are shocked when they see a recent photo of him, and they are into Pokemon and the like. Now that it turns out that he's no longer "king of pop" and is up to his knees in debts, he comes up with a re-release of "Thriller", to squeeze a few more bucks out of what was actually quite a good (and even more successful) album in its day. I don't think I even want to hear it :cry:
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby A. » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 am

thanks god, I would be really depressed if Paul agreed to sing a new version in AD 2007.

His cooperation with michael Jackson is the most embarrasing thing in his all career IMHO.
A.

Postby EddieV » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:31 am

Who is Jacko anyway??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby cherry_tcbp » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:53 pm

YES!, What we need now is a re-release of "Pipes of Peace" without Say Say Say and The Man!, that would be great!.

The real "Dead" is Jacko (since 1992-93!, or maybe I'm being too generous...I would say since he "turned" white!). If he is not DEAD, he is, at least, Walking Dead...he really scares me!
/ In your world no one is dying alone /

http://www.myspace.com/thecherrybluesproject
cherry_tcbp

Postby chris » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 pm

we are suggesting that paul "nose" what he's doing, right?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brainwashed » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 pm

I really can't stand Wacko Jacko because he owns the rights to the Beatles music, thats just so depressing how he owns the rights to the Beatles music.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccamania102 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:13 pm

Just read an article the other day that this whole thing is absolutely not true. There is a new version that was recorded for the anniversary release, but the original version with Paul is also included. Just checked Amazon.com for the track list, and sure enough, the Jacko and Paul version is there.

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-2 ... 360&sr=8-4
maccamania102

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Jackson and McCartney Will Continue To Thrill

by Paul Cashmere

Reports that Michael Jackson has dumped Paul McCartney's voice from his 2008 25th anniversary reissue are clearly wrong.

Yesterday, a tabloid reporter in the USA reported that Michael Jackson had stripped Paul McCartney's vocals for 'The Girl Is Mine' on the forthcoming 'Thriller' reissue and replaced Sir Paul with will.i.am.

That is simply not true.

Yes, will.i.am has recorded new vocals for a remix of 'The Girl Is Mine' minus McCartney but the original version is still going to be on the anniversary album.

Sony's official site for the reissue, michaeljackson.com is also streaming the Jackson/McCartney original and clearly states McCartney's name on the tracklisting as 'The Girl Is Mine' (with Paul McCartney).

The tabloid journalist fabricated this "new" McCartney/Jackson feud, roger that!

McCartney certainly doesn't have any musical issues with Jackson. He has included the video for 'Say Say Say', the other Jackson/McCartney duet, on his 'The McCartney Years' DVD.

The 25th Anniversary edition of 'Thriller' will be released in February through Sony-BMG.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby graecophilos88 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:00 pm

I like Michael jackson until 1983. after his gigantic success he went crazy and into another world.
i mean, he is talented, and his first to Epic Solo albums (Off The Wall and Thriller) are great. His early songs were sexy (Don't Stop Til You get Enough, Workin' Day And Night, Rock With You have titles refering to sex).
but in 1984 he went too far with his nose and his music, especially his ballads became citchy.
and now he's stuck in that rubbish New Jack Swing sound since 1991... sad, sad...

actually yes, Paul is edited out!

they used Michael's original demo version of the song for the remix. that's all.
graecophilos88

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media