NEW INTERVIEW: PAUL McCARTNEY'S OTHER BREAK UP (THE TIMES)

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: NEW INTERVIEW: PAUL McCARTNEY'S OTHER BREAK UP (THE TIMES)

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:10 pm

gfgb123 wrote:As for the "part of the furniture" comment, maybe that's why MAF has a chair on that CD cover.

A similar association had occurred to me :lol:

Now Cologne (sorry for insisting, but this subject is of some personal interest to me, as you might be able to imagine) is not just central Europe (and I don't know what accountants with ties of never-changing colours are supposed to do here :?: ), EMI do - or at least did - have a dependency here. Crikey, I even went to see the building out of curiosity some decades ago because many of my favourite pieces of furniture, erm, acts, seem to record or at least have recorded with EMI. So I don't think Cologne is an epitome of anything, as you seem to think - at least not of what you think.

As for burning bridges, I don't think he's doing that - some time ago, some people on here accurately observed that they were getting (so am I) emails from PM from some "parlophone" address (I suppose all those who are registered at PM.com).
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Re: NEW INTERVIEW: PAUL McCARTNEY'S OTHER BREAK UP (THE TIMES)

Postby gfgb123 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 am

[quote="recorded with EMI. So I don't think Cologne is an epitome of anything, as you seem to think - at least not of what you think.

As for burning bridges, I don't think he's doing that - some time ago, some people on here accurately observed that they were getting (so am I) emails from PM from some "parlophone" address (I suppose all those who are registered at PM.com).[/quote]

Well his pre-MAF catalog was renewed to EMI and I'm not sure if he is still commited to EMI Classics for the Classical Guitar piece. I'm curious just how receptive Starbucks will be to his son's new album and those experimental Fireman works. It should be noted the both James Taylor's and Joni Mitchell's albums weren't exactly blockbusters (sort of remains me of the non-Bealtes Apple albums where only Badfinger seemed move significant numberes). On a ligher note Hear Music should sign Iron Maiden in the USA if not only to see the expression on the customers' faces when Iron Maiden is piped throught the soundsystem at Starbucks. Now that would make a great news story.
gfgb123

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media