"The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: "The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:44 am

Harrythebannister wrote:I've got this as a Chrissy present so reading all of your posts is only making me even more impatient.
Roll on 25th!! :cheers

We get our presents the 24th :)
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jules » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Is it worth buying? What are Paul's commentaries like? Are they funny/incisive/witty/interesting...?
jules

Postby lampie1970 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:52 am

If there were no commentaries, it is worth buying. But some of his anecdotes on the material are things i have never read before. It was nice to hear those things said in a first person voice and that voice be genuine.
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby Teacup » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:21 am

use the angle button on your remote

ya, how do you do this?
.... take these broken wings and learn to fly ....
Teacup

Postby Jeremy K2 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:49 am

Isn't the Mamunia video fantastic. Never saw that one before. It's almost Monty-pythonish!
Jeremy K2

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:47 am

I've got a question for you Macca-knowledgeable folks:

Regarding the background music for the menu (disc 2 or 3):
It's a very catchy piano riff, no lyrics but some voicing "ohoh,...ohoh,...) and a video with urban scenes (buses and such going by) in the background. It's some sort of dance house song.

Someone please ID it for me - I love it !!
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby dpantz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 am

I believe it is one of the mixes from "Off The Ground". It could very well be "Deliverance".
I am not 100% sure but I know it's not the Fireman, and It's not Strawberry Ships OCeans Forest and it's def. not Twin Freaks.

It's not "Ou Est Le Soliel", or "Off the Ground", those two mixres keep close to the original versions. I am pretty sure it is a special dance mix of "Hope of Deliverance" called "Deliverance". Which was very dancy and club oriented from what I remember.

Paul used to open his shows with these weird dance mixes at his concerts through the pa while the crowds poured into the venues.

Someone help me with this answer?
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:34 am

dpantz wrote:I believe it is one of the mixes from "Off The Ground". It could very well be "Deliverance".
I am not 100% sure but I know it's not the Fireman, and It's not Strawberry Ships OCeans Forest and it's def. not Twin Freaks.

It's not "Ou Est Le Soliel", or "Off the Ground", those two mixres keep close to the original versions. I am pretty sure it is a special dance mix of "Hope of Deliverance" called "Deliverance". Which was very dancy and club oriented from what I remember.

Paul used to open his shows with these weird dance mixes at his concerts through the pa while the crowds poured into the venues.

Someone help me with this answer?

Hi dpantz ! Thanks a lot for the scoop !!
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Postby jgkojak » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 pm

You people are GREEEEEEDY!

Here you have an incredible collection of videos (in 5.1 no less) that we'd NEVER think we would see- as a bonus, some nicely restored teasers for RockShow, etc. and you complain? Give me a break.

I am thrilled to have all of this. The only video terribly missed is Lonely Road, and I am sure that given that Loving Flame and Lonely Road have to do with a certain you know who that is why they were left out-- and if that makes Macca feel better, then good for him! I support that.

The rest of the videos that are "missing" in general suck (Ou Est La Soliel, only fun for its cheese factor), Mary Had a Little Lamb, I can see why he didn't include. Young Boy is available elsewhere. World Tonight not a great video. So...

Be a real fan and
1) Be supportive of Macca's choices
2) Appreciate what you HAVE
3) enjoy the concert samples for what they are
4) dig the 5.1 mixes
5) and chill!
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dpantz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:24 pm

My girlfriend has a hard time understanding what decade each of the videos are form sometimes, as Paul virtually hasn't really changed much through the years. His hair is short in one clip, then it's long, then it's gray and short, but he looks young, and now he's got dark hair again and he looks older. She's very confused. And I have never realized until lately how much his appearance has changed. He used to like vests, and now he's back to nehru jackets, and t-shirts!

She's totally confused by what year each song was released as a video so I put them in chronological order and it blows her mind to my amusement. Plus, some of the quality of the older videos look amazingly impressive and the only thing that may be a bit dated is the music, "Say, Say, Say" is a great example of a very crisp looking video.

I think Paul has always had a unique look to him, that makes him stand out like a rock and roll god. And in every single one of these videos he hardly seems to have aged that much...only until recently, the past couple of years. He looks fantastic.
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos