Any Doctor Who fans out there?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Any Doctor Who fans out there?

Postby Jeremy K2 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 am

Any Macca fans who also are fans of the Timelord himself?
I personally could see Paul taking a trip or two in the Tardis back to the days of Beatle mania.
How about the doctor meets the Beatles - wouldn't that be amazing!
JK :wink:
Jeremy K2

Re: Any Doctor Who fans out there?

Postby dpantz » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:38 am

I am a big fan of Tom Baker as the Doctor and I also am a big fan of the late great actor Peter Cushing. So who cares if the special effects weren't that spectacular for the BBC...but what a great idea for a show and I think Tom Baker was natural as the Doctor.

I hate to start a new thread...but...
Did Pink Floyd cover the theme or have anything to do with the theme song??? I can hear bits of it in "One Of these Days" from MEDDLE which was released in 1971.
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby akweaver » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Thinking I have looked into the heart of the machine, no one is supposed to do that.
The Toons begin dancing and singing.
akweaver
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:59 pm

dpantz wrote:I hate to start a new thread...but...
Did Pink Floyd cover the theme or have anything to do with the theme song??? I can hear bits of it in "One Of these Days" from MEDDLE which was released in 1971.

You've picked up on that as well!!
I love Dr Who if only for those sexy assistants! Anyone remember Jo?? I still have vivid dreams about her.....time for a cold shower!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:45 pm

finally got to see most of the 'new' season 3: pretty good stuff !
loved the return of the master..tho, it wouldv'e been nice to see at least one full eps. w/jacobi as the evil one.
from the get-go: this 'new' production has done very well by our good Dr.

if i'm not mistaken, the 'live' Pink Floyd album (post rog waters) has, not only an extended bit of Whovian music: but a vocal appearance by certain gratingly-voiced pepperpots from outer space !(almost positve they screech out:'we're(i'm) coming to get you, Doctor !'

....'course...it could've been the funny mushrooms on my frozen pizza !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Highamster » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am

Harrythebannister wrote:You've picked up on that as well!!
I love Dr Who if only for those sexy assistants! Anyone remember Jo?? I still have vivid dreams about her.....time for a cold shower!!

If you Google about you can find a photoshoot she did in the 70s where she's naked with a Dalek prop.

On topic though, Doctor Who is great. Apart from Colin Baker's era, can't stand that guy.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jules » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Tom Baker was my era. Didn't really like anyone who came afterwards. I suppose Peter Davidson was okay.
jules

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 pm

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

Wednesday, 29 October 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

David Tennant is to stand down as Doctor Who, after becoming one of the most popular Time Lords in the history of the BBC science fiction show.

Tennant stepped into the Tardis in 2005, and will leave the role after four special episodes are broadcast next year.

He made the announcement after winning the outstanding drama performance prize at the National Television Awards.

"When Doctor Who returns in 2010 it won't be with me," he said.

"Now don't make me cry," he added. "I love this part, and I love this show so much that if I don't take a deep breath and move on now I never will, and you'll be wheeling me out of the Tardis in my bath chair."

'I'll miss it'

Three years was "about the right time" to play the role, he told the BBC in an exclusive interview.

"I think it's better to go when there's a chance that people might miss you, rather than to hang around and outstay your welcome," he said.

His stint in the show had been "the most extraordinary time, it's been bewildering, life changing, very exciting", he said.

"And just so much fun, such a great show to work on.

"That's one of the reasons I think it's right to take a deep breath and bow out when it's still fun, when it's a novelty.

"I don't ever want it to feel like a job, so I want to move on when it still feels exciting and fresh and that means I'll miss it."

Drama award

Tennant, the 10th actor to play the Doctor Who, left fans guessing about his return at the end of the latest series.
In the last episode, in July, the Doctor had to defeat his enemies the Daleks to save the universe.

Almost 10 million people watched as the Time Lord apparently started the process of regeneration - but did not complete it.

Tennant will appear in a Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, before filming four more specials in January.

"They'll be the four last stories that I do," he said.

In a sign of his popularity, he was voted best drama performer in a public vote at the National Television Awards.

He has been named most popular actor at the same ceremony for the past two years. That prize has been discontinued this year.

An average of 8.1 million people a week watched the latest series - the fourth since it made a comeback in 2005 - in its Saturday evening slot on BBC One.

'Spectacular' exit

Russell T Davies, executive producer, said: "I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years - and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano. But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching."

A fifth series of the show is scheduled for 2010.

Tennant replaced Christopher Eccleston, who resurrected the show after a 16-year break.

Tennant made his name in TV dramas such as Blackpool and Casanova.

He started his career in theatre and in recent months has returned to the stage with well-received performances in Hamlet and Love's Labour's Lost for the Royal Shakespeare Company.

In December last year, Tennant denied rumours that he was planning to quit after Catherine Tate - his new companion in the Tardis - told the Jonathan Ross radio show she thought the next series of Doctor Who would be Tennant's last.

He said at the time: "Catherine Tate stitched me up good and proper. She goes on Jonathan Ross and makes up a load of old nonsense."
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:45 am

:(
NNOOOOO

IT CAN'T BE

:cry:

...ONLY 5 MORE HOURS OF SHEER TV BRILLIANCE...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:09 am

Tennant was even better than Tom Baker!

Now before anyone shoots me down in flames,... who remembers much of Tom's last two seasons! Tom Baker was brilliant for the first half of his reign but he began to loose the plot later on.
He stopped acting the Doctor and just was himself in whatever mood that happened to be at the time. Apparently he was notoriously obnoxious and arrogant as an actor in his latter days on the show.

Tennant's vibrancy, energy and infectioness will see him go down as the best Doctor ever. It will just take time for this to become fact. Old fond memories are hard to knock the shackles off.

Hail David Tennant!!!! The best ever in my book anyway! :salute
Jeremy K2

Next

Return to Movies & TV