Paul should release older stuff on DVD

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul should release older stuff on DVD

Postby baal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:13 am

As I've said elsewhere, 'Rockshow' HAS been prepared for release (info from somebody who sat through the digitisation of the film) with lots of extras (rushes WERE kept in this instance) but the word I've heard is that it brought back memories for Paul of his original dissatisfaction with the movie. Remember that 'Rockshow' was in the can by the time 'Wings Over America' came out and the two were (probably) originally scheduled to accompany one another but Paul got into a long-winded process with the movie (particularly the soundtrack) and it was delayed for years. But leaving all this side I have it on good authority that the Rockshow set is ready for release.
My personal theory is that a 'Wings Over America' 30th anniversary set was cancelled last year (there is some evidence of this as a Japanese remaster came out) in order to wait for the 'Rockshow' project.
At a guess, I'd say that somewhere between now and the 30th anniversary of the cinematic release of 'Rockshow' will see a big box-set come out.

Gotta bear in mind that Paul and Apple (and even Ringo and Olivia) are releasing more material than they have since the sixties and early seventies. Think of the schedule of Apple's Beatles releases in the last decade and we've got releases at least annually and sometimes more. So expect everything to emerge in due course.
baal

Postby maccajets » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:21 pm

I'd like to see One Hand Clapping and James Paul McCartney on DVD as well. I've never seen One Hand at all and I have a poor quality video tape of James Paul. Those would be great additions to my collection.
There Never Could Be,
A Better Moment,
Than This One
maccajets

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:43 pm

It's certainly about time MPL's "One Hand Clapping" was given an official release, but I suspect the reason "James Paul McCartney" has never seen the light of day is something to do with ATV owning the rights.
However, good quality bootlegs of both can be found on "Lightspeed" from Picture Perfect which also includes the complete "Wings Fly South" concert recorded at Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia Nov 13th 1975 in good quality.
Thank goodness for boots!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:37 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:It's certainly about time MPL's "One Hand Clapping" was given an official release, but I suspect the reason "James Paul McCartney" has never seen the light of day is something to do with ATV owning the rights.
However, good quality bootlegs of both can be found on "Lightspeed" from Picture Perfect which also includes the complete "Wings Fly South" concert recorded at Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia Nov 13th 1975 in good quality.

what is this 'Lightspeed' you speak of?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:47 pm

mervap wrote:
Get Back

From the 1989 tour, right?

yeah, and Dick Lester should have let Dick Donner direct!

I'm not a huge fan of that concert film.....it's much like Paul is live.

However none of them are as good as Rockshow...and I've just learned...through this thred that Paul didn't fancy it.

learn sumpin' new every day.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:48 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
Harrythebannister wrote:It's certainly about time MPL's "One Hand Clapping" was given an official release, but I suspect the reason "James Paul McCartney" has never seen the light of day is something to do with ATV owning the rights.

what is this 'Lightspeed' you speak of?

It's a bootleg DVD, one of many by the excellent "Picture Perfect" who are releasing the best quality boots I've ever seen. I don't know where they are sourcing this material but it's amazing.
I found my copy at a record fair here in the UK but they are definately worth tracking down. :salute
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:33 pm

We all want everything out. Wingspan came out, the complaints were that just wasn't enough, so now here is 3 DVDs and that isn't enough. It's enough for now. Vault has tons of stuff and depending on the sales on this one, if there outstanding, I'm sure they will consider a Volume 2 of "The McCartney Years". Really pointless writing to them now as they are focused on the current release, not one 3 or 4 years from now. Rockshow is a must to be released. Now press reports yesterday said Paul is attending the wedding of Miramax owner Wienstein and old friend from the 70's who was a tour promoter. He release RockShow in the theatres. Maybe Miramax is planning a DVD release of the entire movie. A lot of time was invested already on cleaning up the tracks for the current release. I'm so glad RockShow got the audio treatment it needed and doesn't sound like chipmunks anymore :)
ImageHere the link to amazon for the GET BACK dvd:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006FFRT8/tag=maccacentralpaul/maccacentralpaul
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:12 am

The songs from Rockshow is the highlight on The McCartney Years. To bad that there isn´t more than 6 songs
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:19 pm

I don't think he will. Because much like other Artists, they're not as smart as you think they are...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ROCKSHOW24 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Would love to see Rockshow on dvd. Or The Bruce Mcmouse show. Or the '75 tour, or the 1979 tour.... I could go on and on. It would be sweet if he came out with a boxed set of complete concerts from all of the major tours.... And throw in the secret show from NYC.
Hidden in the yard, underneath the wall,
buried deep below, a thousand layers, lay the answer to it all
ROCKSHOW24

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos