"The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: "The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

Postby fLaMiNg PiE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Of course it could always be better, but I just keep telling myself "it's better than nothing"
fLaMiNg PiE

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 pm

dpantz wrote:Rhino's tightened sphincter awaits!!! :oops:

This is a monumental release when you think of it...

it is very rare that artists put out a collection of their videos to begin with, especailly material that is beyond 2o years old, let alone 30 years old!

Actually, TONS of artists have put out collections of their videos.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dpantz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:02 am

darrel wrote:only extras discovered so far are two versions of goodnight tonight, fine line and babys request. use the angle button on your remote to watch them or play the vidios using the two menues

HOW DID YOU DO THAT??? TELL ME! Lol! I am trying to find these.

I don't like the video for Goodnight Tonight that they used. It is different and they used alternate footage.

Did anyone notice at the end of "Waterfalls" Paul shuts out the light in the room and you DON'T hear the crashing sound??? Where is it??? mmmm....

On one of the discs, I forget which one, but in the credits they played the awesome live version of "wild Life" which is what that one video that shows up on the video "The Mccartney Special" comes from. Now why didn't they include the video footage of it???

I love the footage from the "Yard" with Paul and his acoustic in the menues...those are amongst some of my favorite clips. "Blackpool" is great.
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby dpantz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:04 am

lampie1970 wrote:so, d, is it kissing or writing?

I need to know what I am supposed to be doin' here.... ;)

Okay...leave the writing to me...LOL! :cheers
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby cleptosid » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:10 pm

I picked up my copy today. I tell ya there is a lot that I have not seen and some that triggered my memory. The Maybe I'm amazed opening video (if you choose chronological order) I have never seen the still shots to the song before. It was very touching as a fan to embrace the old days. I was 9 when these shots were taken and to see how happy Paul and Linda and the family were was an emotional experience for me. Same goes for the "heart of the country" video. I can't imagine As I try to put myself in Paul's place to watch these videos with my wife of over 30 years now gone and watching when we were young and in love, Very Sad..... I wonder how people do it? I'm not going to comment on everything cause I'll be here till tomorrow but one thing I've got to say is, What's with the Marty Feldman cartoons for Mamunia video? I don't get it. And was Paul actually referring to the Beatles as the "Band On The Run"? First time I've ever seen either one. I haven't gotten to the 2nd or 3rd disc yet but I'm sure I'll like it as much as I've enjoyed the first one. There are a lot of things left off but, I still am satisfied with this collection in it's form. All in all I watched and I also saw my youth through those video's from age 9 to 20 pass by in two hours or so. I stopped after Coming up. I'll continue tomorrow when I can blast my surround sound without disturbing anyone. BTW I also splurged and purchased HELP. So it looks as if tomorrow is going to be a busy day....
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Postby ferrante9 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:24 am

the question is....

where are :

LONELY ROAD
FROM A LOVER
FREEDOM
YOUNG BOY????
ferrante9

Postby Wings » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:52 am

And,
Ever Present Past, Dance Tonight?

The bonus Live DVD is items already released except the Rockshow tracks. Would be nice to have live tracks from the 2005 tour like She's a Woman or You Won't See Me or even the entire Rockshow.
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Postby EddieV » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:04 am

I would have liked more older live stuff!! Really great stuff from Rockshow. Great to hear Let It Be from Live Aid, with sound on!!
Don´t know why we should have so much stuff from Glastonbury??
By the way what a lame comment "He is going to pull the plug"
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:45 am

Of course there are tons of leftouts, omissions and thing. Of course we would have liked to watch the whole rockshow. Of course we would have liked to watch the early incarnations of wings live. As I saw it in reality I can tell they kicked real rockn roll ass.
BUT
why can t we hardcoe fans also admit that it is a real treat to get all this stuff in great soundquality. Just a few years ago a colection like this would be beyond dreams. I love watching it(most of it) enjoy the extras and give this release 10 ot of 10 :D :D
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:09 pm

I've got this as a Chrissy present so reading all of your posts is only making me even more impatient.
Roll on 25th!! :cheers
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos