"The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

"The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

Postby fLaMiNg PiE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:13 pm

So, like most of you I'm sure, I went to the store as soon as it opened and picked up the McCartney Years this morning. Can't really complain about anything, I love it! The only thing I will say against it is I wish there was earlier concert footage from the original Wings lineup. That being said, I thought I'd start this for everyone to post any thoughts they may have about the set or let us know if they find any goodies. I haven't found any easter eggs yet, but it is nice to hear Wild Life live in the credits of disc 1...
fLaMiNg PiE

Re: "The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

Postby dpantz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Oh I spent a fortune on myself today and it feels sooooo good!

My girlfriend can spend hundreds of $$$ at Victoria's Secret, well, I get to spend hundreds of $$$ on Macca and Beatles realted stuff.

I bought the Macca Years Dvd set, Help and Memory Almost Full and it cost me roughly about $85 at BEst Buy...which was the closest place at the time that I could buy these on my lunch break and in a timely fashion. I could have saved more money but the time I drove across town, I would have needed more money for gasoline...LOL!

I love the artwork for all the discs, although I haven't had the chance to dive into everything yet...I can't wait!
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby darrel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:28 pm

only extras discovered so far are two versions of goodnight tonight, fine line and babys request. use the angle button on your remote to watch them or play the vidios using the two menues
darrel

Postby Fan on the run » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Don´t understand the Band On The Run video. Stupid.......totally insane and meaningless video. Where´s the real promo? :pukel

The third disc is pretty good but I will say this again. There´s no sense at all to release a four songs from some concert like unplugged or 8 from Rockshow.

This was a nice release but lots of stupi things on it and bottom line: nothing new to Macca fans. All videos we have bootlegs and so is Rockshow, unplugged and the Glastonbury is also showed in TV. Nothing new.
Fan on the run

Postby Wings » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:57 pm

A good effort but falls short................ again.

And where are,

1. Mary Had a little Lamb
2. Jet
3. Listen to what the man said
4. Letting Go
5. Let `em in
6. Getting Closer
7. Spin it on
8. Old Siam sir
9. Arrow though me
10. Only Love remains
11. Stranglehold
12. Ou est le soleil?
13. Party Party
14. We got married
15. Get out of my way
16. Young Boy
17. The World Tonight
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Postby dpantz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Wings wrote:A good effort but falls short................ again.

And where are,

1. Mary Had a little Lamb
2. Jet
3. Listen to what the man said
4. Letting Go
5. Let `em in
6. Getting Closer
7. Spin it on
8. Old Siam sir
9. Arrow though me
10. Only Love remains
11. Stranglehold
12. Ou est le soleil?
13. Party Party
14. We got married
15. Get out of my way
16. Young Boy
17. The World Tonight

WOW...Looks like there's enough left off to make a VOLUME TWO!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAASE.
However, we should all be kissing RHINO's ass right now for going this far and polishing these up, and when I say "we" I mean us bootleg collector's who know what else is out there that is worthy of another volume or two at least!
dpantz

Postby lampie1970 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:40 pm

dpantz wrote:However, we should all be kissing RHINO's ass right now for going this far and polishing these up, and when I say "we" I mean us bootleg collector's who know what else is out there that is worthy of another volume or two at least!

I'm puckered...
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby dpantz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:59 pm

Rhino's tightened sphincter awaits!!! :oops:

This is a monumental release when you think of it...

it is very rare that artists put out a collection of their videos to begin with, especailly material that is beyond 2o years old, let alone 30 years old!

Let us pray that this is the first in a series, and if we are smart we should all be writing to RHINO and thanking them sooo much for this 3 DISC set (instead of a single disc set)! A lot fo effort went into thsi project, maybe not as much as the Beatles Anthology like we'd hope this would be similar to.
dpantz

Postby lampie1970 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:08 pm

so, d, is it kissing or writing?

I need to know what I am supposed to be doin' here.... ;)
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby Awesoman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 pm

I haven't picked this up yet as I'm a little broke at the moment (I'll probably get it for Christmas). It sounds like there is some interesting stuff in this box set. I'm a bit disappointed though as far as the live stuff goes. Doesn't seem to cover a whole lot of ground. The Glastonbury show consists of a set list of songs that have already been available on recent McCartney DVD's and CD's such as The Space Within US and Back In The U.S./World. Would have been nice for him to include some other songs he's been playing in recent years that haven't been released such as "She's a Woman" and "You Won't See Me" in place of yet another live version of "Hey Jude". I'm not as interested in the music videos featured in the set as I never cared for them to begin with and McCartney's videos aren't exactly anything exceptional. I would hope this would lead to more releases of his live performances. It would be nice if he put out a box set of his live material over the years.
Awesoman

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos