McCartney: I'll never play in China

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Re: McCartney: I'll never play in China

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 am

Hang on.....what's all this then, Lambpie? :P :wink:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lampie1970 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:49 am

just looking out for my peeps, and my moos, and the baas too, Two ;)

Edit: oh...did you mean like cause my screen name is Lamb - pie? well, I am the pie :)
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 am

Though there is internet in China it is very regulated and filtered thanks to Yahoo. This website would not exist in China. You would not have the freedom to state what was just stated in this particular thread.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby cleptosid » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:36 am

One could say that in parts of Asian countries there are barbaric methods and unusual choices for food. There are people who eat and sell dog, cat, and various types of rodents. Is this deplorable? I believe so because I have a cat and dog and look at them as part of the family.
There are people who live on a farm who look at cow's, bulls, goats etc.etc. the same way. I was raised eating meat, chicken and fish so it never really bothered me all that much but I can see where vegetarians could get upset about having a life no matter what form of life it is existing miserably then being slaughtered when there are other means of feeding yourselves. I believe that is was proven that Meat has carcinogens that cause cancer when cooked or however they are released, yet people still eat it myself included. I recently learned that to be a true vegetarian is very costly. veggies and fruits are at an all time high as far as cost goes. I know I can barley afford to have a dinner on my table 7 day's a week and that is without an over abundance of fruit & veg. I believe Paul and Linda's quote that appeared back in the early 70's read something like this. " we don't eat anything that has a face and heart." I tried that a few times but for some reason I cant stay away from animal products. But as far as killing animals for their hides is totally irreprehensible to me. I'm not an activist in any way but when I see a fur coat I get very angry at how many animals were brutally killed so that this person can be warm when there are so many other stylish ways to get the same result. There is however people who like myself who do and did wear leather jackets or pants. Am I a hypocrite? I don't know, I have heard so many conflicting reports that when an animal dies naturally there is nothing wrong with skinning it and selling it but, Is this true? I do have a leather jacket that I have had since my high school days but I haven't purchased any type of animal hide in the past 20 or so years. I guess if you have a strong feeling about something it is your right to boycott or maybe even in an artists case refuse to preform in that area of the world that is governed by a regime that supports this type of quality of life. Personally I would not want to preform for a President or Prime Minister who lets this happen freely. So I guess I could understand where this feeling comes from.
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Postby Danger Bralnerby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Mike wrote:Though there is internet in China it is very regulated and filtered thanks to Yahoo. This website would not exist in China. You would not have the freedom to state what was just stated in this particular thread.

I'm in China as we speak, and I've had no problems accessing this site, however, I do exercise caution when posting about anything political. That's why I've not been posting in a while, and am only able to stick to the lighter-hearted topics. Sucks being paranoid.
Danger Bralnerby

Postby tristanjblythe » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

And there was me thinking this had probably been resurrected in light of Mr Dylan's performances in China instead of some spam...However if you are nterested the UK's Guardian had some good articles on Dylan, his performance, his politics and such. One by Mark Lawson here http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... NTCMP=SRCH and one by Charles Shaar Murray here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/ap ... NTCMP=SRCH
tristanjblythe

Previous

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues