Paul's behavior got John mad

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:44 am

quote:Originally posted by jet
And who can believe anything Yoko says about Paul?

Agreed, jet.
I think your point about John's anger towards Paul was really jealous insecurity for the most part.
All of those old old stories are probably true to some extent, but the bottom line is that those two guys loved each other and the hurts were behind them. I am sure that wherever John is that he is lovingly watching over Paul and those of us attending the concerts earlier this year could see and hear the love that Paul has for John (and George). I think this stuff is just dead in the water. It doesn't matter anymore. Yes, they both hurt each other badly many times in the past. So?
I personally have 86 books on the Beatles. Ridiculous, I know. I think there are also about six more out there right now that I'll be buying too. I can read the old hurts over and over anytime. But when you hear Paul talk about "going over to George's house for dinner and then the ukeleles would come out." That's what matters, isn't it?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:04 pm

GRETA post, Auj. Summed up my feelings on that relationship perfectly. 86 books...wow. Start the Beatles Library out there!! LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
GRETA post, Auj. Summed up my feelings on that relationship perfectly. 86 books...wow. Start the Beatles Library out there!! LOL

I bought the first one when I was 12 and I only recently counted them.
I never dreamed it was that many. Lots of them are mostly picture coffee table junky books. I'll be getting Wingspan next week. I know I'm obsessive. I don't care either.
The Beatles are my happiness.
I think lots of fans were sad about the break up and infighting in the Beatles afterwards. Some of us were stupid (like me) and chose sides. I regret that. But I'm sure they regret lots of those things too. I only love and cherish them now, everyday in everyway. Life is too fragile.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:33 pm

Life is too fragile... Indeed, well said Auj, well said...!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:34 pm

quote:"Paul would subconsciously ruin his songs"

Paul had it planned all along![;)]Whatever. Boy that wasn't john's insecurities talking or anything.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:41 pm

how could someone subconsciously ruin songs it makes no sense[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:24 pm

How anyone could have thought tht Paul went all out to subconsciously 'ruin' John's songs is beyond me. Paul put a lot of work into John's songs.
jet

Postby jet » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:33 pm

...in fact in the Anthology book, George was quoted as saying that John was always open to suggestions from the other Beatles when it came to recording one of his (John's) songs. If John was that bothered, he should have taken more control. It's as simple as that.
jet

Postby dsnito » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm

No way Paul could have ruined any of John´s songs, but COLLABORATED helping to do his songs...the main example is "THE BALLAD OF JOHN & YOKO", when Paul played piano and drums(and played well!) REQUESTED by John! So how could Paul ruined his songs??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Aujouret » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:58 pm

The two of them were very competetive and it might have appeared that Paul was doing something to John, but John was probably doing something right back. John was undoubtedly insecure and angry and jealous at times. But, he certainly admired Paul's work and Paul admires John's. Reading the many interviews that John gave in his solo years, one could come away with an angry view that John had of the other Beatles. I don't buy it. That was just John. He often said stuff and then contradicted himself.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle