Strange Lyrics ?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:45 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
[I've been sucked into the banter machine that is yourself and Ram's meaningless drivel . . . [;)]
Meaningless? Huh? LOL

Dont know about Spirits, NITO..good question....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:39 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Well, I'll try to show the right way...LOL[:D]
BACK to the topic... I think that the most weird Macca's lyric is "Spirits Of Ancient Egypt"... What's that means?? From where he did dig that story?? Maybe from a dream??

Peace.

I think it is an interesting lyric, but it's a pity it doesn't have much to do with the whole song . . . Paul doing mythology would have been cool, I think! I like mythology, and songs with a mythological feel are very appealing. Just take some of Styx's "The Grand Illusion" album, particularly "Castle Walls". Mmm.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:59 pm

Styx. Reminds me of DeYoung's do. Now that's either carpet, or the worst coloring and styling job ever---he looks like a freaking vulcan. Which now makes me understand why you might be attracted to the band. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:32 am

In the first pictures of the band members that I saw, I thought Dennis looked like Jesus, JY looked like he should be in ABBA or something, Tommy like he hsould still be in school/university, Chuck like something out of The Godfather, and John, Saturday Night Fever!

And at that point, I did not know who was who. So for all those names, substitute "one of them". And I like them for the music. Come Sail Away, I'm Okay, Don't Let It End, Show Me The Way . . . classic stuff.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:45 pm

Who can forget Babe (if thats what its called)? the song--not the pig [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:55 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Who can forget Babe (if thats what its called)? the song--not the pig [:D]

Well, I did like the film (about the pig), but the song is good as well. I think I might have heard it before somewhere. That keyboard phrase before the line "babe I love you", it sounded very familiar. This song did in fact make no6 over here when it was originally released - but Styx only had two other singles chart here, and neither of those made the top 40. So, I dunno . . .
Liam OSM

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions