Bagism

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Bagism

Postby mervap » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:07 am

Does anybody remember JL & Yoko's bagism concept? Not sure if they originated it, but as I recall, JL said that if people could just talk to one another without the preconceived notions of appearance(ie. color, race, nationality, gender), total communication could then occur....they demonstrated this by climbing into large cloth bags to talk to folks. Sounds wacky, doesn't it?
Having said that, I thought perhaps old JL was right, in a way. That's kinda what we do here...we exchange ideas and thoughts about all things Macca (and Beatle!) with people we don't see...I could be purple with orange polka-dots and nobody would be the wiser. Total communication. No preconceived notions. Now everyone climb into their bags.... 8)

I wonder what JL would have thought of the internet? :?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Bagism

Postby chris » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 pm

with all of the many things/reasons people use to NOT converse with others...finding any excuse TO talk to others can only be a step in the right direction.

its crazy that some decide someone else is wrong...or not worthy, before even hearing what it is they have to say. but such is human. that may not change. its wrong, sure...and unfair...but since when have we been accused of being fair.

having said that...i'm not getting in a bag any time soon. unless there is a tiny hole near the top. how else would i watch my sunday afternoon football games?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm sat in my bag right now......trouble is I can't see the bloody keyboard!!! :wink:
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mommasturn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:16 pm

Wow thank goodness the bag thing didn't take hold. I have enough trouble with fashion the way things are now. Someone's always gonna hane a better bag anyhow. Ours would be burlap and someone would have satin or velvet. Kinda like the school uniform thing.

And what's wrong with purple and orange? Just watch out for the one-eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters. (unless of course you don't fly then you're probably safe.) :lol:
mommasturn

Postby mervap » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:31 pm

A Sheb Wooley fan....don't find too many of those these days! :D

I've always been amazed at the way people (in general) have a need to feel superior to others...better car, bigger house, finer clothes...did we learn nothing from Dr. Seuss? The Sneetches story tell one all one needs to know about that aspect of human nature.

And chris, since when do we guys feel a need to communicate during Sunday afternoon football? :?

And Harry....take the keys with you....but then you can't see the screen. Time to invest in a laptop, my friend! :lol:
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:40 pm

mervap wrote:And chris, since when do we guys feel a need to communicate during Sunday afternoon football? :?

are you kidding me? i say things like...more chips please...honey!? more dip too...while your'e at it...can you bring me a beer? honey?! ...HON!?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:28 pm

I could be purple with orange polka-dots and nobody would be the wiser.

Now I'm embarassed, I thought your were orange with purple polka-dots. :oops: :)

Sheb Wooley was great...nice man too. Great on Rawhide.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bobrocks » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:20 pm

I was in Montreal once on a business trip, and we stayed at the Queen Elizabeth hotel. The morning I left, I had to go check out room 1742, where they recorded "Give Peace a Chance".
It was around check out time, and as luck had it, the door was open! The maid was cleaning the room. So I walked right in.
She was very nice when I told her I was a big fan, and she let me look around the room.
They really did a nice job with the room. There is a Gold Record of the song on the wall, as well as framed newspaper clippings of the event from the Montreal papers of the day.
The room was a little different, but you could tell where they had been in the room. The window was still there where they had pushed the bed up against it.
Watching the video of it now still makes me smile.

I was there! (many years later)
bobrocks

Return to JOHN