Two sides of Lennon

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Two sides of Lennon

Postby mi » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:10 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:I'm not knocking our Johnny because most of us humans are in fact double sided.

Couldn't agree more.

as for beautiful side I'd pick "In My Life" over "Give Peace a Chance" but that's me. As for ugly side - well, you're forgetting something, aren't you...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:01 am

mi wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:I'm not knocking our Johnny because most of us humans are in fact double sided.

Couldn't agree more.

as for beautiful side I'd pick "In My Life" over "Give Peace a Chance" but that's me. As for ugly side - well, you're forgetting something, aren't you...

Yes, well I've overlooked many things..I was merely giving a few examples of good and bad.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Crisstti » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:53 pm

Well, there evidently was a good side of him or not so many people whould have loved him so much. I think he was a good person, generous, funny, sensitive.

As for the bad side, I'd say that tendency to be hurtful, to say mean things. Like that about his son, How do you sleep, certain comments about George, the Playboy interview, etc.
"You've never felt the rain, my friend, until you've felt it running down you back".
Crisstti

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:23 pm

Crisstti wrote:certain comments about George

Which ones do you mean - perhaps the one where he said that in the beginning, as a songwriter, George was just not in the same league (on "Anthology")? I have always thought that that was rather true - later on, it changed of course, but that's why he said "in the beginning".
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Crisstti » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:27 pm

No, I mean things like when he said something like that a Beatles reunion would be if he and Paul would get together, and that if George and Ringo would join in would be irrelevant.

I'll look for the quote.
"You've never felt the rain, my friend, until you've felt it running down you back".
Crisstti

Postby Crisstti » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Q: "Do you ever yearn for the good old days?"

JOHN: "Nah! Whatever made the Beatles the Beatles also made the 60's the 60's. And anybody who thinks that if John and Paul got together with George and Ringo, the Beatles would exist, is out of their skulls. The Beatles gave everything they had to give, and more. The four guys who used to be that group can never ever be that group again even if they wanted to be. What if Paul and I got together? It would be boring. Whether George or Ringo joined in is irrelevant because Paul and I created the music. OK? There are many Beatle tracks that I would redo - they were never the way I wanted them to be. But going back to the Beatles would be like going back to school... I was never one for reunions. It's all over."
Crisstti

Previous

Return to JOHN