What's your first, what's your last album

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri May 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Mine was 1967-70 which was a birthday present back in 1976 (my 11th birthday). It was on cassette and on first play got tangled in the player. My dad did some nifty tape joining hence the line, I read the news today Oh boy on A Day In The Life was missing!
My most recent is the vinyl version of Love.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:24 pm

First album: Live At The Hollywood Bowl!

First original album: Help!
Last original album: Magical Mystery Tour

First cd: Help!
Last cd: Love
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Re: What's your first, what's your last album

Postby mommasturn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:05 pm

Beleive it or not, I never owned any of them. I married into a nice collection of all of them though. (Even a few bootlegs)

The first one I remember getting with the hubby was like anthology or the bbc box? (TILL THERE WAS YOU?) I just look forward to anything that get's put out there.
Only "momma" knows
Find the right boy for the right girl
mommasturn

Postby The Pound is Sinking » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:26 am

First: Blue Album 1967-1970 on a cassette of my elder sister
Last: Love album on CD
The Pound is Sinking

Postby RhayaOnTheHill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 pm

My first album was Help!

My Last was LOVE but if you meen the original ones then it was The White Album
RhayaOnTheHill

Postby linclink » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:53 pm

I inherited "Rubber Soul" (U.S. version) from my cousins- my mom had bought it for them to have & play when they visited my grandmother's. The first one I bought was "Revolver" (again a U.S. version-it came after a couple of Monkees albums and I was probably in something like 2nd grade maybe- Monkee's Greatest Hits & Headquarters were the Monkees albums). The last, was the last one you could get, "Love" (the great Martin family remix-remash project).
If you are counting solo albums...then I'm adding onto this & will have to say "Electric Arguments" & before that "liverpool 8" & "Memory Almost Full". Blessings!!
Last edited by linclink on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 am

My very first "album" was a compilation of songs that a friend of mine´s father recorded on tape way back in 1994, I was 15. It included songs like Anna, When I´m 64 and You know my name. That tape was what motivated the whole stuff, my friend´s and I Beatlemania. I remember sonn after that he bought the Red and Blue collection, also on tape. My last Beatles´album is Love from the Cirque du soleil.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby tristanjblythe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:21 pm

My sister has "The Beatles 20 Greatest Hits" on vinyl which I got a taped copy of. It surprised how many of the songs I already could sing along to every word of! I would still have been at primary school (or just going into secondary school - so around 12).

Then the Anthologys were released so the first Beatles CD I got was Anthology 1 as a Xmas gift from my parents. This would have been 1995 so I would have been 13.

From other family members I got cash which I used to buy the Magical Mystery Tour CD, my first original Beatles album (ignoring the fact it was only an EP in UK!). Why I picked this over others I can't remember but I think I Am the Walrus may have been the reason.

My final one would be Love. But my final orignal album was The Beatles (or White Album). I had a very good copy of it on tape which I played endlessly then when at Uni I found the 30th anniversary edition (2 years after the 30th anniversary) for £10 and I snapped it up. I always wonder why I left it so lon to get it as its one of my favourites but at least I got the special edition.

Which is a long way of answering MMT and White Album! :wink:
tristanjblythe

Postby gfgb123 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:16 pm

My first Beatles album was "The Beatles Second Album" in mono. The local Woolworth (hey America, remember Woolworth's) was getting rid of all their mono LP's. So I got it sealed and in then mint condition for a whopping 89 cents back in the Winter of 69. My cousin ended up with mono versions of "Beatles 65" and "Beatles VI" for the same price about the same time which she eventually passed on to me. My last Beatles album was "Love" when it was released.

That would be presuming you asked for Beatles albums. If it is any album then "The Beatles Second Album" would be the first and the latest is Coldplay's "Viva La Vida".
gfgb123

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:46 pm

My first Beatles album was "Rock and Roll Music"
My last album was "Live in Japan" George Harrison ,quite a span lol
Last edited by Mark Rink on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums