"Love Songs" and "Rock & Roll Music"

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

"Love Songs" and "Rock & Roll Music"

Postby DeRick » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:44 am

With these Capitol boxsets coming out, i wonder if there gonna remaster & release those late 70's compilation albums. I remember when i had "Rock & Roll Music Vol. 2" on cassette.
DeRick

Postby Harrythebannister » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 am

I doubt it as all the tracks will be available anyway on their original catalogue.
The only none album track on a compilation I can think of is The Beatles Movie Medley from Reel Music. I wonder whether this will be remastered!!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:31 am

Harrythebannister wrote:I doubt it as all the tracks will be available anyway on their original catalogue.
The only none album track on a compilation I can think of is The Beatles Movie Medley from Reel Music. I wonder whether this will be remastered!!

Right, but the medley wasn't even on the album.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:51 am

Oops!!
Just goes to show how often I play that one!! Plus I celebrated my 40th for a third time 2 weeks ago. I guess it was a senior moment!!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mervap » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 pm

"Love Songs" is the first Beatles album I can remember hearing end to end and asking "Who are THESE guys?" My big sis wasn't a huge fan, but liked them enough to point me in the general direction. She also goes with me to see 'The Return', a locally-based Beatles tribute band, so she must like the music more now....maybe she's following ME now? :D

I made a "Rock-n-Roll" CD comp. of my own using the tracks off the 2 albums...the concept was sound, as these records didn't just trot out the 'greatest hits'. You actually got some of the rarities, at a time when I had no idea what a bootleg was and the EP's some of this stuff was on were impossible for a middle-schooler to find.
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: Albums