::Let It Be...Naked

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby EwaldK » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:58 am

Steve-o wrote:Love is a soundtrack album to the show..period. It's not messing with anything.

from another thread:
In addition to the album cuts that were previewed to media last May, including "Lady Madonna," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" and "Within You Without You/"Tomorrow Never Knows," the set also contains a mash-up of "Drive My Car," "The Word" and "What You're Doing" and a blend of "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" with "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" and "Helter Skelter."

"George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks," says Ringo Starr. "It's really powerful for me and I even heard things I'd forgotten we'd recorded." Paul McCartney adds, "This album puts the Beatles back together again, because suddenly there's John and George with me and Ringo. It's kind of magical."

If they had put out a DVD after the show had been finished under the Circque du Soleil label that would have been fine with me...
EwaldK

Postby jubaea2 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am

long and widing road on let it be 'naked' is fine,but i prefer the version on 'anthology'
jubaea2

Unknow song

Postby hilly_the_kid » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 am

Could somebody please tell me the title and some history/facts about the song that is heard on Fly On The Wall disc. The lyrics go something like: woke up in the morning, i don't fell blue...; should have read your letter.... Sorry I don't know much more. I like the melody so I'd like to know more and if it was ever published by anybody later on in their solo career. Thanks!
hilly_the_kid

Postby michaelk » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:40 am

It's McCartney's first song 'I Lost My Little Girl'. He talks about it in the movie and has talked about at intervals since but I don't think he's ever recorded it although it may well be in 'Oobu Joobu' somewhere. Actually come to think of it, there are quite a few jams of it in the many 'Let It Be' outtakes, including a good jokey one with John singing it.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am

michaelk wrote:It's McCartney's first song 'I Lost My Little Girl'. He talks about it in the movie and has talked about at intervals since but I don't think he's ever recorded it although it may well be in 'Oobu Joobu' somewhere. Actually come to think of it, there are quite a few jams of it in the many 'Let It Be' outtakes, including a good jokey one with John singing it.

Hmmm...I didn't know that! Are you sure about this??
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:43 am

I heard I Lost My Little Girl too and John sings it
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Right, it IS the first song Paul has ever written and it WAS recorded and can be heard - just get your copy of the "Official Bootleg" CD - the live acoustic album - and enjoy.

John may well have sung it sometime and there may be a recording, but this is the definitive one.
:lol:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Right, I know that I Lost My Little Girl (as it appears on Unplugged) is the first song Paul ever wrote. But it's not the same as 'Wake Up In The Morning' as it appears on Fly On The Wall right? They're two different songs.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey Rick

those songs are not the same
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Song?

Postby hilly_the_kid » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:52 pm

I too have a feeling that it isn't the same song. Or is unplugged one so different?
hilly_the_kid

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums