Will the real Paul McCartney please stand up?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Will the real Paul McCartney please stand up?

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:19 pm

If one reads the new Vanity Fair article on Paul and Heather, she turns him into a kind of Alan Alda/ PHil Donahue type of sensitive girlie man kind of husband. She characterizes Paul as a man who spends his days preparing her meals, singing to her, all the while dancing and prancing around the house like some kind of sissyified Fred Astair.

I'm sure that this kind of surrealistic view of the former Liverpool scruf and Northern man doing this kind of sensitivity act leaves me a little cold, here??? My hero being totally pus$$y-whipped ?? one of the most successful recording artist of all time devoting all his time and energy into being a lap-dog for one of the pushiest and self-nauseating women to emerge from jolly old England ?? Clearly, it must be some sort of sick joke. Does he have to ask persmission from Heather when he, Rusty, Abe, and Wixs go out to the pubs to tie one on? What the hell happened to McCartney's freedom? Forget my freedom or America's freedom or even the plight of the world? What the hell happened to Paul's freedom? I hear some of the Taliban, Saddam Hussein, and some other Axis of Evil members including North Korea and Arafat are considering recording a song to benefit and shed light on the exploitation and the oppression of one Paul McCartney? An Iraqi spokesman was heard to say "We're considering doing Blackbird or Freedom as a symbol of what the oppression and tyranny of one woman's exploitation of a Beatle"...

I'd like to see Paul act a bit more like Ralph Kramden or Tony Soprano rather than a sissyfied Alan Alda or him being a helpless male lap-dog for a woman getting her jollies taking a former Beatles' freedom. I like the picture of Macca in his woman's face throwing her ring off that balcony with a rage not seen since he told Ringo he wouldn't budge on the McCartney I release date!! "WOMAN" THAT WEDDING IS OFF!

Any truth to the rumour that Paul softly sings "Stuck inside these four walls" whenever Heather starts telling him what to do, when to do, and how long he has?? SAD!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:34 pm

lol, dude how do u think this stuff up[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:02 pm

good rant. Remember they are still in their neweywed stage. A lot of guys are big saps during that stage. Paul is known for being kind of sappy at times anyway, you don't think that paul writes all of those love songs and heartfelt ballads while watching monday night football and having burping contests with his buddies.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:12 pm

Good post, Scrod, ha-ha. I always thought Paul was moved to write "Warm and Beautiful" after he saw the Ali-Frazier III fight....And that he wrote "Distractions" after he saw Tyson-Spinks.

He-he. I do like to think a guy can be romantic and loving though without being a total lap-dog sissy boy - I mean there is kind of a happy medium in there somewhere. I can dig Madden and Al Michaels and the JEts and still love my women too. But, that doesn't mean i have to get all weepy and immediately stop watching ESPN so i can catch Life-time with my woman where i see either Lynda Carter, Melissa Gilbert being torturted on the Life-time network by their psycho Husband or ex-Jilted lover....Life-time is the most Male bashing network - they can't sign-off until they have at least one women per hour being bashed by a male.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:33 pm

LOL[:D] Scrod and Chris, maybe sometimes Paul could write songs watching TV or doing anything else... Of course he doesn't sit all day long on the sofa waiting for the inspiration comes down to his head... LOL[:D]Well, maybe even it comes sometimes...!!
His inspiration comes from nowhere, suddenly, or in a dream, as when he wrote "Yesterday", he thought as "Scrambled Eggs" when he wake up in the morning, for the title of his dream's song, nothing related with that beautiful song, but the melody came thru that dream. That's one of many ways he write his songs, casually in most of the times, even burping or farting... maybe...??LOL[:D]That's why he is a GENIUS!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
Life-time is the most Male bashing network - they can't sign-off until they have at least one women per hour being bashed by a male.
You mean that stuff isn't real? I thought all males were members of the Slapaho tribe. NOT!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:41 pm

slapaho. lol. you happen to watch john Q lately steve-o?
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
slapaho. lol. you happen to watch john Q lately steve-o?
Busted....yep...I about fell off the couch on that one...[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:50 pm

I nearly fell off the couch on that one too. great line.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Return to MACCA - all discussions