Ringo's all-star band

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:33 pm

Abe? As in ABE LABORIEL, JNR? THE BEST DRUMMER MACCA HAS EVER HAD? That Abe? LOL
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:46 pm

No, man. That other Abe----the log splitting, address writing, Ky bred, 16th president. I hear he was a BEAST on the kit with the press in the "music car" on the election trail choo-choo.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:51 pm

quote:I hear he was a BEAST on the kit with the press in the "music car" on the election trail choo-choo.

LOL. CHOKE! Speaking of which, Steve, Abe (Laboriel) DOES have a sort of Abe Lincoln beard going on! Check it out! Coincidence?
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:54 pm

I'd say it's MORE than that....that's spooky...Abe..and Abe..I have not gotten a close look at Laboriel's face to see if he had that Lincoln bolt adorning his mug.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:14 pm

Ringo is a great rock n roll drummer. And i agree with that. Problem is the crap he has played for years has diluted his greatness. Personally, i wanted Ringo to drum better and advance his skills rather than be the stooge on the Tom Petty video (where he's moving the globe around) or being some celebrity stand in for the Beach Boys. Again, Ringo is a kick-as$ musician but seeing him reduced to a cameo or prop for somebody like Tom Petty (not the most talented guy in the world) is another example of Ringo lack of dignity in his Beatle years, especially the last 12 years. I wish he would be more like George was and be graceful and a bit more selective (Carl Perkins specials, play music with real musicians) in his musical endeavors.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:46 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I'd say it's MORE than that....that's spooky...Abe..and Abe..I have not gotten a close look at Laboriel's face to see if he had that Lincoln bolt adorning his mug.

According to one student in a history exam, Abe Lincoln was born in a log cabin that he built with his own bare hands!

I've got tons of these on file at home! Want me to send them?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:51 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
According to one student in a history exam, Abe Lincoln was born in a log cabin that he built with his own bare hands!
Good one Liam. I actully have been to the cabin where he was born. It certainly didnt look fetus constructed. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:53 am

It would have been clever if it had!

There's all sorts on there, like "Shakespeare was only famous because of his plays", and "Handel was half German, half English and half Italian. He was very large". I'll send them over tomorrow if you like - the whole lot! Goes all through history [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:02 pm

sounds good....please do
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:05 pm

Gotcha. I'll do that tomorrow. Assuming that I remember to copy the file to floppy . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO