Beatle - like artists

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Beatle - like artists

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:07 pm

There's a group called Jellyfish "Bellybutton" and Spilt Milk. That captures a bit of the Beatle sound. They just have a new CD compilation out called "Fan-Club" it's awesome. I encourage anybody into good music to pick it up. They do great live versions of Jet and Let em in. I will say they do the worst version of Eleanor Rigby i have ever heard. But, for orginality and for sheer studio production, very excellent group.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Beatle - like artists

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:07 pm

There's a group called Jellyfish "Bellybutton" and Spilt Milk. That captures a bit of the Beatle sound. They just have a new CD compilation out called "Fan-Club" it's awesome. I encourage anybody into good music to pick it up. They do great live versions of Jet and Let em in. I will say they do the worst version of Eleanor Rigby i have ever heard. But, for orginality and for sheer studio production, very excellent group.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:11 pm

I remember hearing Spilt Milk back in the day, Chris. I remember LOVING it. I think I might just go out and buy that cd for myself. (I was borrowing it at the time.) Jellyfish, despite their more than obvious Beatles influence, is a great group. I'd listen to them over Oasis anyday.
Ram1

Postby jet » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:03 pm

Agreed Ram - definitely a far superior group to Oasis. I too would prefer to hear their music. Having said that, I would rather listen to Yoko squawking than Oasis.
jet

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:19 am

quote:Originally posted by jet
Agreed Ram - definitely a far superior group to Oasis. I too would prefer to hear their music. Having said that, I would rather listen to Yoko squawking than Oasis.

I think you must be exaggerating here! I don't actually mind Oasis. I don't love them to bits, but I think they're all right. Good compared to the average standard of today . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jet » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:46 pm

Yes Liam, I can honestly say here and now that I am exaggerating! Can anyone imagine prefering Yoko records over anything else? On a lighter note, I think I would have far more time for Oasis if it wasn't for their arrogance.
jet

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions