Raines: Best New Show in a Long Time?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Raines: Best New Show in a Long Time?

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:37 pm

Anybody catch Raines yet? Jeff Goldblum as a homicide detective who hallucinates that he can talk to the dead guys whose murder he's investigating. It's well written, you can't figure out what happens within the first 10 minutes. Doesn't have the usual stereotypical characters, and has some pretty impressive FX, considering it's a TV show and it's not cable. Saturday nights, NBC. Check it out. IF you torrent the series make sure you watch the first episode as it explains how he got in the situation he's in. Very Dexterish.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Tue May 01, 2007 7:02 pm

Is it as good as Prison Break? :lol:
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 pm

on the strength of your recommendation, my fractional friend...i'm going to give it a shot. truth be told...you had me at "very dexterish". i'm not sure most will get the reference, but how can you not like dexter?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Well, good luck ...as it is now finished. Ratings were half of what they were in the first episode, and I doubt it will be back. Sad really......TV is pretty bad, and when a good show comes on, nobody watches it. Bring on some reality crap to fill the spot I guess. I hope they rebroadcast the series over the summer....maybe it will pick up a following.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed May 02, 2007 7:56 pm

funny you say that. i rarely watch network tv anyway (other than sports). the only shows i watch continually are usually on hbo (sopranos, deadwood and carnivale) or showtime (weeds, dexter and brotherhood). but i finally got hooked on a network program (cbs, i think) called the black donnellys...and it gets cancelled before the fifth episode. makes me livid.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Movies & TV