Paul & Heather's Marriage

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby heyjude65 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:45 am

I don't know how true this is cause you can't always believe what you read in those gossip papers, but I saw that Paul walked out on Heather for a few days after a major falling out. So the story goes, Paul was to be honored at a celebrity gala at the Kennedy Center in Washinton DC on Dec 8. He was quite excited because he was going to meet the President, Liz Taylor, James Earl Jones, and many other well-knowns. He backed out giving an exuse that it conflicted with a family wedding, but Heather was actually insisting that he attend a Land Mine Charity with her instead. It was the first time in the history of this event that an artist declined, and now they will be honoring Paul Simon instead. The tension over it all reached a boiling point and Paul stormed out and stayed at a hotel for a few days to cool down. There continues to be bad blood between Heather and Paul's daughters, too, which causes more tension between them. They're supposedly fighting to keep the marriage together, but it's said to be on shaky ground. Like I said, don't know if all this is true or not, but it does sound plausible. Anyone else hear anything?
heyjude65

Postby heyjude65 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:45 am

I don't know how true this is cause you can't always believe what you read in those gossip papers, but I saw that Paul walked out on Heather for a few days after a major falling out. So the story goes, Paul was to be honored at a celebrity gala at the Kennedy Center in Washinton DC on Dec 8. He was quite excited because he was going to meet the President, Liz Taylor, James Earl Jones, and many other well-knowns. He backed out giving an exuse that it conflicted with a family wedding, but Heather was actually insisting that he attend a Land Mine Charity with her instead. It was the first time in the history of this event that an artist declined, and now they will be honoring Paul Simon instead. The tension over it all reached a boiling point and Paul stormed out and stayed at a hotel for a few days to cool down. There continues to be bad blood between Heather and Paul's daughters, too, which causes more tension between them. They're supposedly fighting to keep the marriage together, but it's said to be on shaky ground. Like I said, don't know if all this is true or not, but it does sound plausible. Anyone else hear anything?
heyjude65

Postby Aujouret » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:55 am

Paul's life is Paul's life.
Tabloids print lies to sell papers.
Paul has always led a very very private life.
If he has any sort of disagreement with his wife, it's dead private and nobody would ever know anything about it expect those two people.
Which is exactly the way it should be.
Paul has known Heather for 3 1/2 years.
Obviously he knew her very well before he married her.
He says she's great and a very nice person and that's good enough for me.
Paul doesn't make foolish choices. He's much too smart for that.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:27 am

IT's Bull--plain an simple. He has a relatives's wedding to attend, or something like that. Crap like this needs to stay in the tabloids--not on here.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:38 am

I think it´s a waste of time reading tabloid news, better read serious newspapers.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby heyjude65 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:57 pm

Didn't know this subject was taboo. Was only looking to inform not offend. I do seem to recall many discussions about Paul's marriage to Heather here before it even happened. So I was only adding to it, like with the story of the engagement ring, wasn't looking to upset. Sorry.
heyjude65

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:03 pm

Things we know about are not taboo. Tabloids are, really. If it's legit news, we talk about it. If it's crap, we basically ignore it. Most of us anyway. Some folks on here love that stuff. Most of don't. No offense to you..we are only offended by the trash. That "story" was so full of holes it was incredible.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:49 pm

S' up..peoples. Went to see if the tour set list was posted and didn't realize - he won't begin the tour until later in the week.

As far as the Kennedy Center honors, the story that i heard is that Macca is set for his daugther's wedding that same day and that's why he backed out.

I think Heather Mills is just bad news. All u need to do is look at the Tonight show appearance in May and see the manipulation and the insanity. Look at it this way - his own boy , his son, James didn't even attend the old man's wedding. What up with that?

Anybody like Heather Mills who doesn't even register her charities with the proper Government agency and keep a set of books on her financials (I am an accountant just like my hero Allen Klein) tells me that she's a fraud and at worst a person who uses charity work as a crux to get fame, publicity, and access to celebrities. Where's the money?

I think it's distasteful that some poor kid in Yugolslvia loses a leg or an arm just to give Heather an opportunity to sit down with Macca and Tony Blair. SICK!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:01 pm

Well, I'm not sure I totally agree with your post, Chris. (I agree with certain points.) But welcome back! LOL. I've missed your posts, man. Hope you come around more often.
Ram1

Postby megs » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:24 pm

quote:Well, I'm not sure I totally agree with your post, Chris. (I agree with certain points.)
same here[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions