33 1/3

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jet » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by jet
At this point Dsnito I have to confess to having this album for several years, but have only listened to it once (shame on me!). I'll try and listen to it over the next few days, then I'll let you know what I think.
As promised, I've dusted down my copy of 33 1/3 and listened to it for the first time since I bought it nearly 10 years ago. I'm impressed. Definitely a huge improvement over both Dark Horse and Extra Texture. Given time and a few more plays, I can see this becoming one of my favourite George albums. I particularly like 'Dear One' - I can imagine Brian Wilson writing a song like this one.
jet

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:01 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Blow Away was on the self titled GH debut on Waner Bors Recors in 1979. Was it called Faster in brazil, NITO? a great song with a catchy hook.

Steve - I should say KNOWN as "Faster" in Brazil, because the track title refered about the racers, but the album title really is himself name "George Harrison".

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:04 am

[/quote]As promised, I've dusted down my copy of 33 1/3 and listened to it for the first time since I bought it nearly 10 years ago. I'm impressed. Definitely a huge improvement over both Dark Horse and Extra Texture. Given time and a few more plays, I can see this becoming one of my favourite George albums. I particularly like 'Dear One' - I can imagine Brian Wilson writing a song like this one.
[/quote]

Jet - I think it brought good memories for you, didn't??[:)]
Good for you!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:08 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Steve - I should say KNOWN as "Faster" in Brazil, because the track title refered about the racers, but the album title really is himself name "George Harrison".

Peace.
OH..OK..Makes more sense now. "He's the master of going Faster" LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:20 am

Yeah, he wrote "Faster" for Jackie Stewart racer his close friend and George was ever mad about races. He bought himself a race car and played as a toy running sometimes with that...he COULD DO such things... LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:08 pm

I forgot about the Stewart connection. Wasn't there a picture of GH in a race car on that album or on the inner sleeve? i must dig that out.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:12 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I forgot about the Stewart connection. Wasn't there a picture of GH in a race car on that album or on the inner sleeve? i must dig that out.

Steve - In the inner sleeve has a picture of George and Stewart walking alongside the race track.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:18 am

OK, NITO..that's it. Thanks, man
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to GEORGE