Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire

Postby maccastheman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Sean's new CD comes out Oct. 3. Is anybody else planning on picking it up? I actually liked Into the Sun. His voice takes some getting used to, but I think he has a good gift for melody. I don't really like comparing Sean and Julian because I think it's a bit unfair to each of them.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:16 pm

there was a piece in the most recent rolling stone article about sean. from what i hear, he's (really) paid his dues being a session musician...and that has resulted in him turning out to be a fantastic bass guitarist. i...did not know that. maybe when it gets released we'll hear a bit of it on MaccaRadio. i have to say i'm curious.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:56 am

That's interesting about the bass. Kind of ironic. Into the Sun had a big Beach Boys influence, and Sean always pointed out that Macca brought the Beach Boy influence into the Beatles. I respect Sean for crediting Paul so often.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cecile » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:41 am

Love this new album ! :D I didn't really like "Into The Sun", but "Friendly Fire" is really great ! :wink:
Cecile

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:27 pm

I love "Friendly Fire"
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby rooftopconcert » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 pm

I'm in love with this album. I agree with Cecile, I didn't like "Into the Sun" either, but "FF" is INCREDIBLE. The film is amazing, too. I think it just enhances the music.
-Allison

<a href="http://flaming-pie.net">FLAMING PIE</a>
<br><i>Paul McCartney fansite extraordinaire.</i>
rooftopconcert

Postby Paulo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:42 am

I just bought the album today.

It is indeed great!

By the way, anyone has seen him on tour? He's coming to Lisbon next month and I'll be there! They're advertising it as «a first Lennon visit»...
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:33 pm

I'll hopefully see him in Kansas City on April 20th. :D
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby nerktwin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 am

I had it though I don't play it anymore- I think it was pretty good though nothing earth-shattering.
nerktwin

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions