WHY MACCA IS MY FAVOURITE BEATLE

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:36 am

Lennon Vs. Macca

Singer: Paul is far better here I think. He sings the ballads and the rockers best. Golden slumbers is a good example on a ballad, Oh darling on a rocker. I also think he sings best on a lot of Johns songs. The high vocal in the chorus in AHDN, and There´s a place.
Melodic Songwriter: Paul is far better here. He has no doubt written the best melodies in the Beatles, though John has some wonderful melodies as Nowhere man and Julia.
Lyrican Songwriter: Here they are equal to me. Both have written funny lyrics as obladi oblada and bungalow bill but both have also written strong lyrics as Eleanor Rigby and You´ve got to hide your love away. At the moment I´m more into lennons lyrics as No reply and I don´t want to spoil the party.
Performance on a stage Paul definately. look at the ed sullivan shows. I love his attitude on stage, his smile and he has always time to wink to the audience. I do more like his charm than Lennons superiority.
In the studio Again Paul. Right since their first recordings in the start of the 60´s he was the musical leader.
The spirituel leader John definately. He was more leading on the spirituel parts than Paul. Paul was the musical leader.
Musician: Paul no doubt. He plays almost all instruments.
creativity Paul. His great talent to make new stuff all the time.
CourageJohn. He always said what he felt.
PersonalityEqual.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby EddieV » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:58 am

I agree with your last post Bluebird. Would have loved to see Lennon live in concert, but Yoko songs. He didn´t do many concerts.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:35 pm

EddieV wrote:I agree with your last post Bluebird. Would have loved to see Lennon live in concert, but Yoko songs. He didn´t do many concerts.
Sad that he only got to perform 2 of his Beatles songs live (Yer blues and come together), strange that he performed ISHST live instead of his own songs.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Crisstti » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:40 am

Is actually nice, that he sang Paul's song. :D
Crisstti

Postby Crisstti » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:33 pm

Well, Paul is favourite beatle in BIG part because he is an ethical vegetarian and an animal rights activist. In fact, I found a magazine in some moment in the nineties of his 1990 or 1993 tour in my house and there was a page about PETA and another of an ecologist group. I mean, I liked him because of that BEFORE I liked The Beatles or any music at all. Before that I had just felt so lonely about that. It was really a big deal. It meant a lot.

Apart from that, many of my favourite beatles songs are his, and not only the most known, but many far less known.

And I like a lot his post - Beatles music. (And John's and George's also).

He is a great bass player.

And his attitude. Nice, unpretentious, positive, thankful of life. Quiet. John was very funny, and witty, and I like him, a lot, but he was just really hurtful sometimes... and agressive. I mean, Paul never (almost, not after 1971 anyway) dissed John, meanwhile John had, even in his 1980 Playboy interview, a certain ambivalence towards him... trying on one hand to diminish his work, and praising it on the other hand. He was evidently insecure and jealous.

Love them all, anyway. :)

All you need is Love.
Crisstti

Postby lolimacca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:27 am

Paul was always my favourite because he is nice, unpretentious, positive, quiet, very funny, smart, …… I can continue but perhaps I will never end.
I love all the Beatles but Paul was definitely the best one.

Oh - I Owe It All To You,
You Make Me Happy,
Oh - I Owe It All To You.
There May Be A Powercut
And The Candles Burn Down Low
But Something Inside Of Me
Says The Bad News Isn't So
lolimacca

Postby mommasturn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:01 am

well said lolimacca

He reminds me of my hubby who is a funny witty guy. Definetly a regular joe kinda feeling, how about those shoes? chuck taylors are not the most comfy of insoles.

And when he tours in his t-shirt and jeans..... awesome.

It makes you feel welcome and invited to the show. That he is there for us to enjoy. (I am sure the ticket sales aren't bad either.)

He is my favorite because of how he loved his wife Linda. Even though I question her musical/vocal talent. She must of been a heck of a woman to keep one of the world's hottest guys on her side till the end.

Paul is a stand up guy that's why I like him most.
mommasturn

Postby michaelk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 am

Yes. Spiritually I've always drawn inspiration from Lennon's 'can't be arsed, take heroin in the middle of a project, what you mean I have to write some songs?' approach to life.

Spiritual? John Lennon?
You've been watching too many Yoko documentaries.

Bluebird wrote:Lennon Vs. Macca
The spirituel leader John definately. He was more leading on the spirituel parts than Paul.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby matthiasxy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm

my favourite beatle is pete best becuase he was the best looking. furthermore i'd like brian epstein to join the band as a bongo-player ... that would have made the beatles the perfect band. and i don't know who comes third ... is it paul or is it john ...
matthiasxy

Postby michaelk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Yoko was easily the most avant-garde Beatle and Macca and Winston were just playing catch-up. And Jeff Lynne is easily the hairiest Beatle.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle