The ballad of Paul & Yoko

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu May 23, 2002 1:27 pm

OK. On the pro side of changing the credits, it would be a more official identity for some of the songs - especially the earlier ones, which really were more collaborative efforts, or feature the two of them sharing the lead vocals. On the con side, "McCartney & Lennon" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Lennon & McCartney". Try saying the two out loud, you'll see what I mean.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby shorty » Thu May 23, 2002 1:55 pm

correct, success and failure does identify genius and insanity. However it is a very thin line and most genius minds can become very insane minds.

Look at Charles Manson, as sick as it is that guy was a genius, he brainwashed others into killing, he talks in ryme, he makes others beleive what he say's.

So genius can become insane when it becomes evil and full of hate

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby shorty » Thu May 23, 2002 2:01 pm

Liam I did'nt realize that your insanity genius comment is the signature at the end of each post

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby denby » Tue May 28, 2002 8:35 am

If you are a Paul fan, disliking Yoko pretty much goes with the teritory doesn't it? However with good reason I would say - she is strange by anyones standards - three marriages - a daughter left back in Japan whilst she pursued her career, and (let us not forget), a well-documented intention to "get (herself) a Beatle " - whatever the cost - the cost being the splitting of the greatest band ever!!
The only good thing that I could say about her is that had she and John not got together, i think it is very likely that John could have died of a drug overdose or something in 1969. Yoko did, as John says, "save" him. She does however seem to show no shame in the exploitation of John and that is what grates on all Beatles fans. She seems to be the role model for that other celebrity bride,Courtney Love !
denby

Postby Liam OSM » Tue May 28, 2002 1:03 pm

quote:
Liam I did'nt realize that your insanity genius comment is the signature at the end of each post

so long see ya never

Don't worry about it. Actually I agree with your comments - it is only a fine line between "genius" and "insanity", and that's what my signature line is meant to indicate. You can have two people thinking the exact same "unconventional" thoughts. One of them succeeds with it, and is called a genius, the other fails, and is called insane.

Anyway, certainly, if Yoko is trying to endear herself to Beatles fans, she's not going the right way about it - forcing herself on us? Look at Linda Mac. She was always very unassuming when it came to being the wife of a Beatle. Never tried to draw attention to herself, she was quite content to keep at the back on her keyboards. She was there because they loved each other. Yoko, on the other hand, well, what a stirrer!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:35 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
[Yoko, on the other hand, well, what a stirrer!And she's still at it, Liam--even after all of these years, LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:56 pm

she is a fiesty little @#*@* isn't she.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:09 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
she is a fiesty little @#*@* isn't she.
Oh yeah, LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:52 pm

The most humourous story I have ever heard regarding Yoko was when George asked John to appear at the concert for Bangla Desh in 1971. John apparently asked George if he would like Yoko to do anything special, to which George's reply was 'Yes - I'd like her to enjoy watching the show'. I think George spoke for every Beatle fan in the world - both past and present - when he came out with that one.
jet

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:47 pm

Excellent! You go george.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle