Yellow Submarine on tv

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Yellow Submarine on tv

Postby Brains » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:56 am

For Len, Thomas and all other Dutch people here: tonight (saturday) Yellow Submarine is on tv: 23.50-1.17 on Nederland 1. Keep those VCR's ready! I know I will.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:24 pm

Or I should say that I instructed my dad to record the movie. I was supposed to be at my girlfriend's tonight. And when I got home, I saw he forgot to tape it. I did see the beginning of the film, but my girlfriend got very very soon got extremely bored with it. And I don't really blame her. Damn that movie's beginning is lame. Even the Muppets make better puns than those fake Beatles. The Blue Meanie story is pretty lame too. Really outdated sixties hippy stuff. Luckily the music was good, even though it definately weren't their best songs. I told my girlfriend all about the Beatles, how great they were, but All Together Now, Yellow Submarine and When I'm 64 didn't really impress her. Those songs aren't bad as such, but you shouldn't hear them one after another when you've never heard anything by the Beatles, it'll give you the wrong impression.

Anyway, off to bed now. Goodnight Tonight!
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:33 pm

Brains--I like the old Beatles cartoons from the mid 60s better than YS. They were so funny. Ringo always saying "huh-huh yeah". Had the bouncing ball over the lyrics, ect. I hope they realease those old cheesy things someday. Brings me back to my childhood.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:33 pm

Steve - Unfortunately I didn´t see any of those Beatles cartoons, just saw something about on magazines... Those didn´t appear on Brazilian TV sadly.
As for YS, the little children should like that anime, but for the teenagers that maybe boring nowadays. But no doubt that´s an historical animation movie, representing the 60s psychedelia.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:35 pm

Yep, NITO. They were on every Saturday morning on ABC, I believe for 2 or 3 years.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:50 pm

Steve--When I was little they used to play the re-runs of The Beatles cartoons. I LOVED them. I REALLY wish they would officially release these on VHS/DVD as well. And yeah, it was funny watching Ringo. They really played up that whole "Ringo is dumb" thing.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:54 pm

HAHA--really, man. And it seems like "Baby's In Black" was on every single episode, LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:00 am

About "Yellow Submarine" on DVD new edition, I think that improved the colours and the images of the film cleared well... and the "Hey Bulldog" adition on the film is great!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:02 am

I've seen it. though I didn;t record it because my VCR is broken. But I don't think it is any good. A Hard day's night and Help are much better. Magical Mystery Tour is OK and I still havn't seen Let it Be
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:02 pm

Thomas--you have to see LIB...and man--it will break your heart---the tension is unbelievable in parts. Great history, tough.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions