Macca on "Idol"?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:11 pm

The News Of The World

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe they can get a story from The Rubbish Of The Universe next. :lol:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Rene » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:44 pm

james1985 wrote:I hate seeing people cover Beatles on these shows, they make it so cheesy. Trying to turn Let It Be into a Mariah Carey song, putting in all this fake emotion. Macca would be well advised to steer clear of Mr Cowell's little show.

Agreed...and very well put!
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." John Lennon

http://www.myspace.com/amazedrene
Rene
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Rene wrote:
james1985 wrote:I hate seeing people cover Beatles on these shows, they make it so cheesy. Trying to turn Let It Be into a Mariah Carey song, putting in all this fake emotion. Macca would be well advised to steer clear of Mr Cowell's little show.

Agreed...and very well put!

Simon Cowell does a show over here called "The X Factor", which is the same except you can also have groups and older people singing. And this boy band did the most awful version of "From Me To You". It was embarassing to watch!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 am

'Idol' No. 6 coming together

By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

Do you want to know a secret? American Idol is likely to put on its first Beatles-themed performance week this season.
Producers are keeping the singing contest's winning format intact going into the sixth season (Fox, Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET/PT), but they hope a few twists will maintain and add interest.

'IDOL' CHATTER: What do you think of the Beatles plus Idol?

They include:

•The possible Beatles-themed week. For the first time, Idol has permission to use parts of the famed songbook of The Beatles, executive producer Ken Warwick says. "We've got the permission" from Sony, which owns the publishing rights, Warwick says. Certain songs are still off limits, but "they said, 'Tell us what songs you want and we will do our best.' "

A couple of Beatles songs have been performed on Idol, he says, but the show has never had access to enough for a themed week.

There are "enough songs certainly to get a decent show out of it, and maybe it will be the first show of the top 12" finalists, says Warwick.

Ideally, the week's mentor would be Paul McCartney or Beatles producer George Martin, Warwick says, but no such plans are in place yet.

•An online competition to write the first song for the next Idol. "It's in the very final stages of being put in place," says Martha Brass, executive vice president of 19 Entertainment, a producer of the show.

Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of Idol producer FremantleMedia North America, says she thinks the contest will happen, but details still need to be worked out. Brass is more assertive: "There's no question about it happening."

The contest, the idea of Idol creator Simon Fuller, would call for a contestant to write and produce a song and then upload it to a website.

A group of experts, including Fuller, would choose a small number of the offerings, perhaps 100 at most, that fans could listen to and vote for online, Brass says.

During the season, Idol would like to hold a special in which former Idol singers would perform 10 or so of the fan favorites, with viewers then voting to pick songs for the two Idol finalists, she says.

•An April special. "When we get down to the final six (singers), we're going to have a big special, with lots of stars. It might be an extra day" during that week, Warwick says.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... over_x.htm
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 am

Good stuff! Can't wait to see Beatles week!!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Two words: Oh No

Please stop this. Don´t think any good will come out of this!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:26 pm

EddieV wrote:Two words: Oh No

Please stop this. Don´t think any good will come out of this!!

What bad can come of it??
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:05 pm

What bad can come of it??

Well, first of all...it's Idol. That's bad enough right there. :?
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:13 pm

I think now with this announcement of a Beatles' Night or Week, for me it further shows Paul will not do idol. AI is dealing with Sony on this and if Paul now appears on AI it would seem The Beatles would be endorsing the use of their songs and I doubt, Yoko, Olivia, Paul and Ringo would agree in usinson to that. So the deal is being done without "The Beatles" endorsement and Paul surely wouldn't want to step on the other's toes in light of how the all came together for "LOVE".
Mike

Postby amazedbypaul » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:01 pm

I just saw a commercial today for the store Target featuring Paul's song
Hello Goodbye. It really made me sick knowing that Paul has no say in how so many of his songs are used thanks to Wacko Jacko. I really doubt Paul will do AI. In fact I would be shocked for all of the reasons stated by Mike.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV