Uncle Albert VIDEO!

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Uncle Albert VIDEO!

Postby jgkojak » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:15 am

Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EwaldK » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:51 am

Pity it ends half way....was this part of the BBC McCartney show? Looks like early 70's video but beyond original release.
EwaldK

Postby jet » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 pm

:?: It looks like it is off the BBC special 'James Paul Mc Cartney'. I have never seen the show, but I have seen several stills from the show over the years, and I recognise certain clips from this video. On the subject of the TV special, I would like to see this given a release on DVD.
jet

Postby gfgb123 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 pm

It is from the 1973 special called "James Paul McCartney" for television. In the USA the original broadcasted was in the spring of 1973 on the ABC Network just prior to the release of "Red Rose Speedway". That's all there was to the "Uncle Albert" scene. A Wings performance "Live and Let Die" got its first showing with an exploding piano at the end of the tune. It was an ATV production, I believe. I've seen bits and pieces of the show on You Tube.
gfgb123

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:50 pm

This is a clip from James Paul McCartney tv special broadcast in 1973 in the UK on ITV.
It wasn't that great a prog especially the kareoke part later on when people on the street attempt to sing a Beatles medley (embarrassing).
However in retrospect some of the clips are now priceless, including the Uncle Albert clip above.
I have a fairly average copy of this however I understand there is an excellent copy circulating amongst collectors.
I would love to see this get an official release along with other gems like One Hand Clapping and Back To The Egg!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:59 pm

I have a fairly average copy of James Paul McCartney on DVD as well. It's a really cool show! He performs Big Barn Bed, My Love, Live And Let Die, Little Woman Love/C Moon, The Mess, Yesterday, Gotta Sing Gotta Dance. He also does a little acoustic medley of Heart Of The Country, Bluebird, Blackbird -- could be more, but that's all remember. Look forward to when they properly release it!!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby tristanjblythe » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 am

The whole James Paul McCartney special was on YouTube but I can't find it at the moment (which is a shame as I'd never got round to watching it!)
tristanjblythe

Re: Uncle Albert VIDEO!

Postby Wings » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Looks like the videos were pulled. :(
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:21 pm

"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Wings » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:49 pm

JimmyMcCullochFan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nUu067MtI

No "Uncle Albert" Video. :(
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Return to MACCA-Videos