::Paul McCartney: The Space Within US

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby amazedbypaul » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:34 pm

The "Friends to go" sound check is fantastic. Great video and intimate moments with Paul and his band. What a great tribute to Wix,Abe,Brian,Rusty.He obviously loves these guys and has a blast with them. Also Heather is no where to be found on this DVD unless I missed something. Like JennyWren said it brings back such a great night. JW, I saw Paul the first time too this last tour and like you this DVD brings it all back. The more the DVD goes on it get's better I guess you kinda of get use to the crowd shots but personally I could do without them to so much excess.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:38 pm

Paul and the band were just great on this tour. I saw both shows in Detroit and the DVD really captured the sound quality.

We've seen the format before with the interviews mixed in. I would have liked to see more of Paul's interaction with the audience instead of all of the testimonials. There's nothing more annoying than the interruption of great music by Bill Clinton :roll: They should just roll all of the interviews into a "Making of" on a bonus DVD or under Special Features. I would really just like to view the show in strictly concert form, much like part of the Red Square DVD. Overall fantastic though. Paul is the best there ever was, best there is now and best there ever will be!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:30 pm

ComeOnBrotha wrote:There's nothing more annoying than the interruption of great music by Bill Clinton :roll:

I can think of more annoying interruptions, but had better not go any deeper into this :wink:
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:31 pm

this is headed (might be a pun intended) in a hysterical direction, i can just feel it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:00 pm

I went to the 2005 concert with a friend. For Christmas, I got her the DVD. (She likes Macca, but not enough to eagerly scout out each new release.) She has a 20 year old son who doesn't know much about Macca; to him, Paul is "that old rocker" who can be ignored.

Until.....

He watched the DVD. His reaction? "AWESOME!" He's now pretty darn interested in that old rocker.

:D

It makes my heart sing, it does!

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:20 am

that old rocker" who can be ignored.

That attitude really misses out on a lot of great music. I'm glad a lot of young people can get past that and enjoy so much of the music of the past. 8)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:37 pm

although you can't really blame the young-uns for not being open to the previous generation's music. i was born in 67. i was fortunate to be brought up on rock music from the 70's. you couldn't help but be introduced to the beatles and the stones through rock radio. but i had no interest (as a child) in sinatra or jazz or swing music. that was old fogey stuff. it wasn't until i got older and i began to appreciate the fogey stuff.

i am, however, pleased to annouce that, while attending my 12 year old daughter's band concert at school...there were more kids wearing beatle shirts than eminem, jay-z, and beyonce shirts combined.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Larry Becco » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:23 am

obed27 wrote:He should do a concert with just Wings songs. At least one in a small venue and then release it on film.

I totally agree with you!
I'm sick as hell of "Penny Lane", "Hey Jude" and "Yesterday [among others] in every tracklist of every DVD!
Larry Becco

Postby Wings » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 pm

obed27 wrote:like Paul said: "This is for the Wings fans", I really enjoyed this bit of the concert when he performed TMP With SCITBW. He should do a concert with just Wings songs. At least one in a small venue and then release it on film.

That would be awesome. Like the Caveren DVD. Do like the entire RAM album live. Would make for a great special.

Remember when The WHO did Tommy Live?

McCartney should do the same. Advertise it as a 1 night only McCartney plays live the entire, RAM, Band On The Run and Venus and Mars albums.

I would sure buy that DVD.
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:28 am

Image Image

The Cinema Audio Society's 43rd annual awards show in Los Angeles tapped "Dreamgirls" for the best sound-mixing in a motion picture, according to UPI.

The award in the television movie or mini-series category was given to "Flight 93".

Also "Deadwood" earned a nod in the television series category for its episode "A Two-Headed Beast," and "Paul McCartney: The Space Within Us" won the television non-fiction category.

"Ultimate Avengers: The Movie" took the achievement in DVD original programming.

Personal awards included Edward J. Greene, who has won 19 Emmys, receiving the career achievement award.

"I look at it a bit differently than others. The better (the picture) looks, the better it sounds. And the better it sounds, the better it looks", said Greene.

Gilbert Case also got the society's filmmaker award during the gala at the Millennium Baltimore Hotel.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos