::LOVE

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby EddieV » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:13 pm

It is often said thet Helter Skelter is one of the first heavy-metal recordings, Revolution sung by John is quite heavy too!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:35 am

But the first Revolution was acoustic and not the heavy version on LOVE.
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 am

Paul_Fan wrote:But the first Revolution was acoustic and not the heavy version on LOVE.

I know that, I think it was Paul who wanted the single version to be so heavy!!
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:08 pm

No Eddy, Paul didn't like the song, suggested it be "up-tempo" - John got pissed and said, OK we'll pump it up real fast and angrily, bitterly created the masterpiece on the spot.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Thanks for the information Paperback
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't have this yet, but I sure enjoyed reading all the comments here. I think I'll like Love. I love what Freelance Hellraiser did with Macca tunes, so I'm anticipating the surprises I'll find in Love. I know The Beatles catalog is in good hands w/ Martin, he'd settle for nothing less than awesome.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby BeatleJWOL » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:33 pm

JennyWren wrote:I don't have this yet, but I sure enjoyed reading all the comments here. I think I'll like Love. I love what Freelance Hellraiser did with Macca tunes, so I'm anticipating the surprises I'll find in Love. I know The Beatles catalog is in good hands w/ Martin, he'd settle for nothing less than awesome.

JennyWren

Love's not quite as inventive or intense as Twin Freaks, but definitely worth a listen.
At least you enjoy this sort of thing - lots of Beatle fans consider it sacrilige. :wink:
Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it. -- John Lennon
BeatleJWOL

Postby JennyWren » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Yeah, I do enjoy the novelty of Hellraiser's mixes. I can't comment on Love yet, not having heard it. These won't have the staying power of the originals, I don't believe, but they're fun to add to the collection.

But, it is important to maintain the identity of the originals, and I find fault with the TwinFreaks packaging that the components of each mix aren't cited. From what I've read above, it seems the Love also fails to identify the elements that were mixed. In my view, that's a pretty serious oversight.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:43 pm

JennyWren wrote:Yeah, I do enjoy the novelty of Hellraiser's mixes. I can't comment on Love yet, not having heard it. These won't have the staying power of the originals, I don't believe, but they're fun to add to the collection.

But, it is important to maintain the identity of the originals, and I find fault with the TwinFreaks packaging that the components of each mix aren't cited. From what I've read above, it seems the Love also fails to identify the elements that were mixed. In my view, that's a pretty serious oversight.

JennyWren

That's half the fun of the record! Everytime you listen to it, you hear something new.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blueraspberry » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 am

[quote="james1985"]Octopus' Garden - great start with the strings. Love the way they have "Subbed" it up. Anyone know where John's "sensational" comes from?
[quote]

If you listen closely to the fill between Polythene Pam and Bathroom Window you can hear John ad-libbing throughout - "Fab. Real good lads, etc. The vocals on Love are what remains when you take away all the guitars and drums at the end of Pam.
Blueraspberry

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums