Any Julian/Sean fans??

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:28 am

Dog--He's dating Bijou Philips now? I think I did hear that. He dated the Japanese girl from Cibo Matto for a long time.
Ram1

Postby dog » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:31 am

Julian, though, just seems like a most-righteous dude, especially considering his mind-bending journey through childhood. His first album "velotte" was an auspicious debut, but the critics savaged (instead of celebrating!) him for sounding like his own father.
dog

Postby dog » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:41 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Dog--He's dating Bijou Philips now? I think I did hear that. He dated the Japanese girl from Cibo Matto for a long time.
yeah, R1, i think yoko may have put the kibosh on that scene. I saw that cool little band on pbs, and sean, if memory serves was quite adequate joining in on bass. Now, whenever you see a photo of sean and bijou(they're engaged), yoko can usually be seen in the background, lurking...creepy...
dog

Postby Ram1 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:03 pm

Yeah, Dog. I saw that show too. 'Sessions from West 54th' hosted by John Hiatt. Great show. Cibo Matto is a good band. And yes, Sean played very well on bass.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:18 pm

bijou phillips was in a movie called "bully" a true story abaut some kids in florida killing one of their friends. Not a bad flick.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:28 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
bijou phillips was in a movie called "bully" a true story abaut some kids in florida killing one of their friends. Not a bad flick.
What year was that Scrod? I must do some research.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:30 am

Got it --- 2001. Plot outline:

After finding himself at the constant abuse of his best friend Bobby, Marty has become fed up with his friend's twisted ways. His girlfriend, a victim of Bobby's often cruel ways, couldn't agree more and they strategize murdering Bobby, with a group of willing and unwilling participants in a small Florida town. In the midst of their plotting, they find themselves contemplating with the possible aftermath of what could happen.

gonna check that out.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:34 am

The goods on Bijou: Courtesy of IMDb:

The multi-talented Bijou Phillips has led an unusual life. She spent her childhood in New York, California and South Africa. She excelled at equestrienne sport but spent little time in formal schooling. When she was 13, she became a model to escape boarding school, which she hated. Bijou appeared in several campaigns for Calvin Klein. She became an infamous party girl in New York from the ages of 14 to 16, then quit modeling because she thought it was creepy and exploitive. She acquired a record deal with Almo Sounds at 17 and began work on her debut album 'I'd Rather Eat Glass'. She was cast in 'Black and White' by director James Toback after being introduced to her by Leonardo DiCaprio, with whom she is friends. Bij has said that she enjoys acting but that she doesn't really consider herself an actress or think she's very good at it - a belief challenged by critics, who even when they were savaging 'Black and White' had nothing but glowing praise for her performance in it. Bijou has continued to make films since then, toting her 4-track and guitar to shoots and working on what will be her second album between takes.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:52 pm

Damn steve, Did ya forget anything? LOL [;)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:01 pm

I didnt get her shoe size...damn! LOL
Steve-o
Supporter