women love him...men want to be him...Bond, James Bond

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jules » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:41 am

Saw it again last night. I am a convert. I've been won over. I see the light. Seriously, this really is a damn good film, maybe even the very best Bond movie. I don't know what I must have been thinking. I really, really loved it.
jules

Postby Paul_Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 pm

I kinda agree with Jules.

Since the days of Moore as Bond it as kinda went down hill. Now don't get me wrong I think Pierce Brosan was a great Bond, just the plots to his movies made no sense besides Goldeneye. Going back to what I was saying, I think that Dalton was sub average, he's a good actor just not Bond material. My first Bond movie that I ever watched was Tomorrow Never Dies, yes I'm kinda young. So after watching TND. I went back and bought the whole bond collection all the way through non stop. It came in boxsets as you all know. Anyway I thought that they were subpar after The Spy who Loved Me. Just didn't find the rest very good.
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Loved it

Postby jgkojak » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:11 pm

And not sure what is so confusing...

SPOILERS...

A terrorist sends his money to banker LeCheiver (sp?) who loses it on a stock speculation (selling short an airline he plans to bomb only to the thwarted by Bond). He then sets up a high stakes poker game to win back the money he lost... and M sends Bond to win back the money, break the guy, and needing protection from secret service, on the condition he spills the beans about all the terrorists he banks for.

As a subplot-- the girl Bond falls for (Vesper) is secretly working for the bad guys, leads Bond astray and betrays him only to die in his arms, teaching him to never trust or love. As M says. "you have learned your lesson."

Any questions?
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jules » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:03 pm

No questions. And it's "Le Chiffre", meaning "cipher" or "number".
jules

Postby ANGRY » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:00 am

first, i gotta say, contrary to chris insinuation (on another thread )...i am not responsible for any of his blood coagulatative problems mentioned above...

second, my first Bond was moore, roger moore in 'live and let die' (still one of my alltime faves)...i loved the first dalton...was okay with his second...couldn't really get into brosnan..but, sunday night, i saw james bond reborn...better than 'superman' was reborn, and some constant readers may remember i liked that summer hit...

this is just what i was hoping for...no more cartoon buffoonery, no unbelievable stunts (tho, admittedly, that opening chase left me amazed and thinking i'd walked into 'crouching bond, chasing villain')..this bond is a killer: a mean, intelligent, quick, dangerous agent of good. a cavalier, a thinking mans machine...he was charming when need be, deadly the next...and, he got injured, really hurt, quite alot...he was fallible, but only barely so...the villains had to work hard to get him...sure the movie was a little badly paced, esp. at the end, but, i had no trouble following it, and the set up for the next one is right there, if need be...

daniel craig is an excellant addition, and this is easily the best bond since 'the spy who loved me', if not 'live and let die'...
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 am

I heard last night on the news that the new Bond is insisting a gay scene be included in the next Bond movie. The report was assuming that the actor wanted Bond to be in a gay scene but it is unclear as to the details. Anyone hear this ?
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:44 pm

Craig did say that, yes. He basically said "why not?"...it's 2007.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:34 am

..... :? ..... :( .....guess....we now know why he didn't try to bed every girl in the flick...

erm... :shock: ..

felix lighter (?)'is that a walther ppk. or are you just very happy to see me, james ?'...

maybe the title will be 'the spy who rubbed me the wrong way'...ugh.......

guess we now know what the Q in 'Q' stands for...special tools, my...big toe
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jules » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:38 pm

Felix Leiter, dodo
jules

Postby ANGRY » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 am

jules....julesjulesjules...

didn't paul try to write a song about you once...

'hey, jules...don't make it bad...'

or, was that john...?

'light'...as in 'he's a little light in the loafers'

maybe 'lite' would've been better...

get it ?
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV