::LOVE

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

LOVE SOUNDTRACK _ THE PLACE FOR REVIEWS _ SUBMIT HERE !!!!!!

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:58 pm

An overwhelming compilation of art, that is impossible to digest at one sitting, but my initial reactions follow. Looking forward to many more listenings and to other persons reviews and observations.

In a word: Fabulous. Incredible. Stupendous. Wonderfull. Spell-binding.....pick a superlative and you have an apt descriptive over-view.

Yes, those of us clamoring for 5:1 sound re-mastering of the catalog are correct that the original releases will be astounding and true to the original intended art form.

This is a DIFFERENT art form, that should be appreciated for such - and seen as an important ADDITION - not substitution. If you get and appreciate Let It Be Naked - then this will delight you at least as much.

WHAT YOU GET:

1. Some of the songs are pretty straight up to the originals, and you get a marvelous preview of the up-coming re-mastered/5:1 sound to come. "Oh my God." Heavenly

2. Masterful inter-locking interludes that mesh, blend and raise several songs into a recognizable, but in a way different and new song. Most outstanding are Drive My Car/The Word/What Your Doing, a frightening I Want You/Helter Skelter and a Strawberry Fields that folds- in several songs into the second half that is mind-body- tingle inducing.

3. Previously un-heard snippets tagged onto originals to enhance the listening experience, fans here will especially enjoy the endings to Hey Jude, Back In the USSR and All You Need Is Love.

4. Backward surprises. Gnik nus. Yes that's Sun King sung backwards. Check one out at the start, too.

5. Improved songs. Yes! I said improved. The sound quality lifts some up - I Am the Walrus" - for me - is 10x better than the original !

I Want To Hold You Hand just bursts forth in new directions!

Within You Without You by splashing it with Tomorrow Never Knows, it levitates to new heights.

Revolution is just devastating powerful. If they want to market this CD to the young, restless and attention-challenged - then un-cork this as a single release!

6. MANY OF THE SONGS SOUND LIVE! Many of the songs were recorded live in the studio, some 'guide vocals" are also used - combined with the sound and production techniques, the result feels like the Beatles performing live, at times.

Think you know this CD from samples and internet previews? No you don't! Remember when Chaos was previewed on the internet, though we greatly appreciated the chance to listen, when we actually got and listened to the CD - we then went WOW! Well, for this, I say DOUBLE WOW!

Enjoy and share your reviews

:D
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi Mike;

Until this is placed up in the Beatles Album section, bear with me as I float this up for fans reviews, comments, otherwise it'll get lost and other threads will be subject to comments that should be directed here. Thanks!

MEMBERS:

Have you heard this yet?

Plan to?

Plan NOT to?

Unsure?
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

LOVE

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Submit your comments and reviews here.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:10 pm

I love LOVE

It is great, all though we have heard the numbers before this is great stuff. It doesn´t matter if you have heard all the songs before because they are presented so well.

My favourite is Drive My Car/The Word/What You´re Doing. This could be a hit round the clubs and discoteques. If they played this kind of music at the discos they would get me onto the dancefloor!!

I´m sure this will do great and a lot of new people will be introduced to the Beatles.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:24 pm

I posted this in another section, but:

Because - a nice start, although we've seen it before on Anthology 3. Plus some bird noises.

Get Back - fantastic, what a way to start. The guitar solos and strings building up is fantastic, and it cuts straight into:

Glass Onion - reminiscent of the Jay Z/Dangermouse mash-up, keep expecting to hear some rapping! I love Paul's "hello, hello!" in this. Really well done

Elanor Rigby/Julia - nice instrumental intro. The Julia fade out is haunting, especially when the fire engine drives by. And Mac's voice sounds top notch

I am the walrus - sounds great, but not that much new here that I can make out so far. The sound effects are much lower in the mix than originally

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - nice intro, great screaming, all the atmosphere of 64. A refreshing early song in the psychadelic haze of Love

Drive My car/What You're Doing/The Word - a tour de force, IMO the song of the record. Especially when the Taxman solo kicks in. The riff just powers this along, great stuff

Gnik Nus - really works, and it leads beautifully into...

Something/Blue jay way - Something sounds better than ever, and the nowhere man makes the fade out sinister, with laughter flowing into

Mr Kite/I Want You/skelter - when the Abbey Road riff kicks in, the effect is so powerful, especially with Helter Skelter screams. must sound great in 5.1

Help - not much going on here. Sounds better than before, though. Powerful

Blackbird/Yesterday - nice intro, but nothing's really done with Yesterday. Could've sprinkled some sitar in there, methinks

Strawberry Fields Forever - love all the versions in one! And a great outro, probably the best outro on the album - so much going on!

Within You/Tomorrow NK - great groove, just sounds fantastic. At the end, a familiar riff appears....

Lucy ITSWD - nice start, a hazy feel. Ends on goodnight strings...

Octopus' Garden - great start with the strings. Love the way they have "Subbed" it up. Anyone know where John's "sensational" comes from?

Lady madonna - cool intro, everything sounds crystal clear

Here Comes The Sun/Inner Light - Geroge's music really comes over brilliantly on this album. If HCTS had been recorded in 66 or 67, it may've sounded like this

Come Together/Prudence/Cry Baby Cry - pretty standard until the outro, which isn't really up to the standard of others on the album. But a couple of pounding bass drum beats lead into...

Revolution - not uch different, but it's LOUD!

Back in the USSR - piano and vocals very high in the mix, some new ad-libs at the end

While...Weeps - yu've all heard it, the new arrangement is great. Fits in with the albums psychadelic theme, nice

Day in the life - not a lot on here we havn't heard before. But, it's still great.

Hey Jude - when the music drops out at the end, it's a bit like a Macca concert, I'm half expecting someone to say "now, just the fellas!". Incidently, does anyone know if that new bass in the outro was on the record originally or from another song??

Sgt Pepper - Starts with Jude's orchestra, pretty standard after that.

All....Love - not much chnged. Although the lad's chat at the end will bring a tear to the eye of anyone who loves the beatles.

Overall, it's very well done, with a lot of love and care. For the first 2/3, it really rattles along, and the psychdelic "theme" is very prominent. I wish they'd carried that through to the last part of the record, when a lot of the tracks stay unchnaged.

i think the best thing about Love is the way that the songs flow in and out of each other, Geroge Martin had crafted this very well - full marks, sir!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:20 pm

I posted this in another section, but:

Because - a nice start, although we've seen it before on Anthology 3. Plus some bird noises.

Get Back - fantastic, what a way to start. The guitar solos and strings building up is fantastic, and it cuts straight into:

Glass Onion - reminiscent of the Jay Z/Dangermouse mash-up, keep expecting to hear some rapping! I love Paul's "hello, hello!" in this. Really well done

Elanor Rigby/Julia - nice instrumental intro. The Julia fade out is haunting, especially when the fire engine drives by. And Mac's voice sounds top notch

I am the walrus - sounds great, but not that much new here that I can make out so far. The sound effects are much lower in the mix than originally

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - nice intro, great screaming, all the atmosphere of 64. A refreshing early song in the psychadelic haze of Love

Drive My car/What You're Doing/The Word - a tour de force, IMO the song of the record. Especially when the Taxman solo kicks in. The riff just powers this along, great stuff

Gnik Nus - really works, and it leads beautifully into...

Something/Blue jay way - Something sounds better than ever, and the nowhere man makes the fade out sinister, with laughter flowing into

Mr Kite/I Want You/skelter - when the Abbey Road riff kicks in, the effect is so powerful, especially with Helter Skelter screams. must sound great in 5.1

Help - not much going on here. Sounds better than before, though. Powerful

Blackbird/Yesterday - nice intro, but nothing's really done with Yesterday. Could've sprinkled some sitar in there, methinks

Strawberry Fields Forever - love all the versions in one! And a great outro, probably the best outro on the album - so much going on!

Within You/Tomorrow NK - great groove, just sounds fantastic. At the end, a familiar riff appears....

Lucy ITSWD - nice start, a hazy feel. Ends on goodnight strings...

Octopus' Garden - great start with the strings. Love the way they have "Subbed" it up. Anyone know where John's "sensational" comes from?

Lady madonna - cool intro, everything sounds crystal clear

Here Comes The Sun/Inner Light - Geroge's music really comes over brilliantly on this album. If HCTS had been recorded in 66 or 67, it may've sounded like this

Come Together/Prudence/Cry Baby Cry - pretty standard until the outro, which isn't really up to the standard of others on the album. But a couple of pounding bass drum beats lead into...

Revolution - not uch different, but it's LOUD!

Back in the USSR - piano and vocals very high in the mix, some new ad-libs at the end

While...Weeps - yu've all heard it, the new arrangement is great. Fits in with the albums psychadelic theme, nice

Day in the life - not a lot on here we havn't heard before. But, it's still great.

Hey Jude - when the music drops out at the end, it's a bit like a Macca concert, I'm half expecting someone to say "now, just the fellas!". Incidently, does anyone know if that new bass in the outro was on the record originally or from another song??

Sgt Pepper - Starts with Jude's orchestra, pretty standard after that.

All....Love - not much chnged. Although the lad's chat at the end will bring a tear to the eye of anyone who loves the beatles.

Overall, it's very well done, with a lot of love and care. For the first 2/3, it really rattles along, and the psychdelic "theme" is very prominent. I wish they'd carried that through to the last part of the record, when a lot of the tracks stay unchnaged.

i think the best thing about Love is the way that the songs flow in and out of each other, Geroge Martin had crafted this very well - full marks, sir!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:19 am

I think it is great. I love it. My favorite all time Beatles album. Very cool.
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:19 pm

A friend of mine, not a great admirer of Let It Be Naked, listened to LOVE and I was ready to hear a lot bad thing about this album, but he loves it.

This isn´t a greatest hits album but there are songs which are not very known. Mr Kite/I Want You/Helter Skelter is pure magic.
Macca plays such a great bass.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:54 pm

Agree with James and Eddie on this, did we not say this is 78 minutes in length? So it's about the length of the White album, so much to listen to. Glad they put in the "Take Me Back....' and drums from Why Don't WDIITR from that white album.

The "bounce" in the sound is so outrageosly good. Come Together is...well....erotic....listen...you'll hear it.

Yes, the very last bit, James, is very emotional, indeed.

Is some of the ending chorus on Hey Jude from the live TV version chorus?
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:46 pm

"Paul Is Dead" buffs - have you checked out the illustrations in the booklet that comes with the CD?
Why is there a VOLKSWAGON near Paul? AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums