DEXTER

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

DEXTER

Postby stylegurrl » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:38 am

I love the new Showtime series Dexter. It features Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under. He plays a blood spatter expert who is secretly a serial killer. It is very clever and Michael really gets into the character. It comes on Sunday nights at 10pm EST.
stylegurrl

Postby chris » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:58 am

thank you for bringing this show up...its creepy, but funny. its dark, brooding, sad, and somewhat vile...and i just can't seem to take my eyes off it when its on. even the opening credits are worth watching.

the death of network programming continues with the superb quality of shows offered by hbo, and now showtime. this, ladies and gentlemen...is must see tv
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby stylegurrl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:22 am

You are very welcome. I am happy to hear that someone else likes the show. Sunday's episode Shrink Wrapped was excellent. I watched it twice :lol:
stylegurrl

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:57 am

I love this show too. I must admit, the first episode creeped me out, but by the end I was hooked. Funny how a serial killer can be the most normal person on a show. 8)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:46 pm

its odd...everything about this show is tragic. his relationship with his girlfriend, his sister's relationship with her dr boyfriend (which i saw coming from the beginning)
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby stylegurrl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:36 am

Did anyone see the season finale "Born Free"? It was incredible! It had me on the edge of my seat. The Rudy storyline was :shock:
stylegurrl

Postby chris » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:55 pm

saw it...and i loved it too, even though it was just a bit soap opera-y (?). but i guess it was based on a book. the problem with making a series about a serial killer who only kills...is that i don't see it going on indefinately. how can it? the one detective seems to be on to him already. my prediction is one or two more seasons...tops, before he gets caught (either by the law...or another one of him)
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby stylegurrl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:30 am

I agree that the show cannot go on indefinitely and I am going to miss it when it ends. I do hope it goes out with a bang.... I am keeping my fingers crossed for this season on DVD.
stylegurrl

Re: DEXTER

Postby chris » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:16 pm

i swear this show is even better the second season than it was the first.

i get the feeling dexter's english sponsor (at narcotics anonymous) has some serious secrets of her own. what are they?

girlfriend (rita's) mom doesn't trust dexter...and now she has moved in with them...how is that going to play out?

can the algae on the rocks (used to weigh down the chopped up victims) really be the source of dexter's demise?

i also get the feeling there is a story behind the f.b.i. agent, that dexter's sister is cozying up to...that hasn't played out yet...
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Movies & TV