The Da Vinci Code

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

The Da Vinci Code

Postby stylegurrl » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:32 am

The film is now out on DVD. I rented it on Tuesday and must say I was very impressed. Paul Bettany sttod out as Silas and the entire cast was excellent. Has anyone else seen the film? Thoughts about the subject matter? Opinions?
stylegurrl

Postby ANGRY » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:11 am

it is a good, yet flawed film.

and, i'm not reffering to the themes...dramatically, r.howard pulled some punches : i've always been of the impression of his films that he is not very daring, doesn't take enough risks...his entire viewpoint as a director is very 'old school' hollywood...in short, while the film is a darn good yarn, it's avery old fashioned one....which is not nesc. a terrible thing, just not memorable in the long run...i think that 'national treasure' was a much more inventive, intriguing film, and it covered the same type of ground.

as to the 'heretical' bits...well...to badly paraphrase Will Shake-o-the-spear ...there are more things in the heavens than are dreamt of in your philosophies
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby stylegurrl » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:33 am

I can undertstand why many people did not like the film-it is not action- packed and at times feels more like a college lecture than a film. I actually liked these things about the movie because I learned a lot and thought about things that never would have crossed my mind otherwise. I went through the house looking at the renditions of the Last Supper we have and was very surprised to see the female sitting at that table... :shock:
stylegurrl

Return to Movies & TV