DVD The Space Within US - WOW!

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

DVD The Space Within US - WOW!

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 am

Absolutely no comparison to the highly edited 40 minute A & E broadcast. This is by far the best Paul concert video and DVD. It has so many complete songs, interviews and fan bit were smartly edited into the concert mix. Sound and high quality video has to be seen to be believed.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:04 am

Yes it great, Mike!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:45 pm

I've watced it all now and enjoyed it. It left me wanting more! I wish the entire set list had been included, and more backstage footage is always welcomed. Oh, yeah, and I would have liked an intro featuring one of Freelance Hellraiser's cuts. Alas, he was left out.

On my copy, there are about 3 songs during which the audio volume changes dramatcially in the middle. Have others noticed this, or is my copy idiosyncratic?

The video is terrific for sure. Crisp and clear. Paul made a good choice with that turquoise T-shirt. He looks awesome in it.

Until the video, I wasn't aware that there's an accordian in "Jenny Wren." Wix was in the dark on the opposite side of the stage, and I didn't see him playing it.

But all in all, I'm thrilled to add this to my collection, and I'll return to it again and again. What's there is great.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:41 pm

Mike, it warms my heart that you like the DVD. It's getting so many pans here, it's great to see positive feedback.

I thought of something else I liked. Macca said "They know my work, in some cases better than I do........it's the soundtrack of their lives."

Hey, that's what I've said, lots of times. I guess Paul know "his people" pretty well, doesn't he? It's nice to know that he knows that and that he appreciates it and that he likes to hang out with us sometimes.

What a guy.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Re: DVD The Space Within US - WOW!

Postby Wings » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Mike wrote:This is by far the best Paul concert video and DVD.

So it is a CONCERT DVD? No interuptions of the music?
Wings

Return to MACCA-Videos