Paul says the same thing in interviews

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:10 pm

Just FYI, Paul began playing piano as a boy (maybe pre-pubescent?) in Liverpool. He and his brother were sent to piano lessons nearby. Not sure about the drums though. Probably just picked it up, playing around with them over the years.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:12 pm

Which makes me think....none of The Beatles supposedly could read music. Yet, Paul and his brother took piano lessons. I've never heard of piano lessons being taught without sheet music. So maybe Paul does know a thing or two about reading music?
Ram1

Postby constv » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:37 pm

Ram1, I heard Paul admit on Larry King - just a few months ago - that to this day he doesn't read sheet music. I suspect that he can juat a little bit but not good enough to rely on it in playing or arranging. I once saw a documentary in wich he was shown sitting at the piano playing and writing things down... Maybe he was putting down the chords, or the basic melody, I don't know.

Nana, Henry McCullough is Irish, not Scottish - born in Ireland.
constv

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Not sure about the drums though. Probably just picked it up, playing around with them over the years.
Another old one, but a good point, Ram1. I'm sure he picked it up waching that Starkey boy---LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:01 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccafan
It boils down to the fact that they keep asking the same old tired questions, that's not Pauls fault!!
I wouldn't ask him anything about the Beatles, I'd concentrate strictly on his post Beatles career!! I want to know when did he first start playing piano, the same with the drums, I'd ask him if there's going to be a live album after this tour, is he already writing songs for his next album, and will we ever get that box set of unreleased studio and live material??
I'd like to know which instrument is his very favorite, we may think it's the bass but I think he loves to play electric guitar!! If I had the chance this is the kind of stuff I'd ask Paul McCartney, oh there is one more question I'd ask, could I please write a song with you Mr. McCartney??

I too am bored of hearing the same old stories every time Macca does an interview. As an amateur songwriter, I would want to hear interviews focusing on things like songwriting, particularly how Macca goes about writing songs, where he gets his inspiration from etc etc. The same goes for guitar/bass playing.
jet

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:04 pm

Jet--I'm sure Macca would like to be asked some fresh questions as well.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:14 pm

Agreed Stevew. It's to Macca's credit that he manages to keep his cool in these kind of interviews. Just imagine - 30 years of being patronised by interviewers asking questions on the order of 'When are The Beatles getting back together again', 'What's the story behind Hey Jude', 'How did you come to write Yesterday'. The poor bloke...
jet

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:18 pm

HAHA--This reminds me of Paul's Tonight Show interview back in 1984, promoting Broadstreet. Forgive me if a few words might be off, but here's the gist...

Johnny Carson: I know over the years you've been asked a lot of the same questions hundreds of times. What question HAVEN'T you been asked?

(Slight pause)

Paul: Um...well...I've been asked THAT ONE!

LOL
Ram1

Postby jet » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:23 pm

Right on Ram!
jet

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:01 pm

Exactlt Ram & Jet. I have that Tonight Show on tape and it is funny. Pat OBrien has interviewed him alot over the years and he seems at least to keep the questions to the subject at hand--be it the CFNYC or whatever. He still doesn't ask him what I'd like to ask him. But I'd probably, again, be tongue tied and ask something stupid. LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions