::Paul McCartney: The Space Within US

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby chris » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:46 pm

laz, my friend...i'm going to choose my words carefully, because i promised myself to be kinder to you. it appears that you aren't really that much of a paul fan. and thats cool, brother, it really is. but then why do you post negative things to say about him at a friggin paul fan web site? you know who your audience his here, right? you must know that your'e pissing people off. do you do it for the attention?

i've seen you badmouth an album before. only to latter admit that you haven't heard all of it. why man, why? i realize that taste is subjective, and you are free to like whatever it is that you like, but i've seen you suggest that ringo has the best beatle solo album. i love ringo, i respect him, too. but not one employed music critic on this fine planet of ours would agree with you. are you trying to be...different? is this an act? have your eardrums fallen out during a tragic silo accident?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Postby Paperback Writer » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:04 am

Chris, you are a class act! We appreciate you! :lol:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
User avatar
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:32 am
Location: San Francisco, CA.

Postby akweaver » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:07 am

Yep. That's what I have been trying to say!
User avatar
akweaver
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:33 am
Location: California

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:54 pm

chris wrote:laz, my friend...i'm going to choose my words carefully, because i promised myself to be kinder to you. it appears that you aren't really that much of a paul fan. and thats cool, brother, it really is. but then why do you post negative things to say about him at a friggin paul fan web site? you know who your audience his here, right? you must know that your'e pissing people off. do you do it for the attention?

i've seen you badmouth an album before. only to latter admit that you haven't heard all of it. why man, why? i realize that taste is subjective, and you are free to like whatever it is that you like, but i've seen you suggest that ringo has the best beatle solo album. i love ringo, i respect him, too. but not one employed music critic on this fine planet of ours would agree with you. are you trying to be...different? is this an act? have your eardrums fallen out during a tragic silo accident?
My latest opinions that have caused such uproar have been true to what i believe. I own almost all Paul albums. I am a pretty big fan, just not fanatical.

I know nobody cares(or mabye they do) of my opinions on certain things, only when they agree with me they seem to care... Bah...
I have a right to my opinion, so i'll say it. Some of these clownish Paul performances i've seen, i could do better and be far more entertaining.

And i'm not joking. Yes, i believe Vertical Man is one of the greatest Beatle solo releases, it has some great music on it, you'd do well to listen to it. If i was an employed music critic, i would not be afraid to let my true opinions be heard. I don't have to try to be different, i simply am. I know what entertaining music is, and i do not believe the Live Aid '85 performance is any good at all, it's just plain embarrassing.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:57 pm

RickStark79 wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Paperback Writer wrote:Bring something to the table , instead of your bitching, griping and self-rightiousness. Your a contrarian simply to inspire self-attention and controversy towards yourself. So that's my fuc*in opinion!
Your a boor.
(YAWN!)


RIGHT ON MAN, Power to the People and all that.

PErhaps you dislike my opinion so, because you will eat up anything macca puts out.

What controversy? Macca has put out lots of crap in his day.


Wow, what a crazy concept -- members of a Macca forum who like most everything he puts out! Hmmm, they must be pretty big fans!!

Lazhole, you're an attention whore! More sh*t comes out of your mouth daily than goes into the London septic waste system in a year! You want attention, so you will say whatever will draw attention to you, your posts, and your imaginary music. You're a loser in the truest sense of the word. Mike will ban you shortly. Not because he "differs" with your opinons -- but because you don't really have any true opinions at all. They're just statements to get everyone riled up. Bye bye Lazhole!
So, because someone differs in opinion to someone else, that makes them not true? IF we all had the same ideas what would be the point of discussion at all? I'm telling you how i see it. I'm not so fanatical that i cannot see fault with a musical icon.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Steve-o » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Some of those statements are great for comic relief (Vert man?..hehe). Thanks for the endless laughs, Lazzie bear.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:47 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote: So, because someone differs in opinion to someone else, that makes them not true? IF we all had the same ideas what would be the point of discussion at all? I'm telling you how i see it. I'm not so fanatical that i cannot see fault with a musical icon.


At last a sensible post, congradulations !

If that's what you were doing but it's very clear that again and again you make outrageous statements seemingly to bring attention to yourself. I'm sure in your mind everything you believe is the truth, but in the real world other people have opinions and just because their ideals differ from yours doesn't make them liars or towing the line with blinders on for their "idol". How does it feel to be so right, all the time ?

Man if I was right half the time, I'd be half way there to a better lifestyle for me and my family. We try, we make mistakes, we admit our mistakes and learn by them and we go own trying not to burn bridges.
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby chris » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:I have a right to my opinion

If i was an employed music critic, i would not be afraid to let my true opinions be heard.


granted...you have a right to your opinion as much as anyone here. but if you were a music critic working for a newspaper or a magazine, you would be counted on (by the faithful readers of said publication) to have actual fact based opinions, made in real world times. for instance...i'm new to this country. i have never seen a movie filmed in the western hemisphere. i rely on laz the film reviewer to tell me what the best movies of the last century are to see. do you recommend the godfather? citizen cane? jaws? 2001 space odyssee? raging bull? no,laz...you recommend spongebob freaking squarepants.

not that there isn't a wee bit of charm in old spondebob...but that just isn't based on real world events. it COULD be your favorite movie, but it isn't the best movie.

by your own admission, you say YOU are more entertaining than paulie is, right? why don't you show us some of your talent. lets see if you are as worthy of making the rock and roll hall of fame as you think you are.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Postby Lazarus_2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:06 am

chris wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:I have a right to my opinion

If i was an employed music critic, i would not be afraid to let my true opinions be heard.


granted...you have a right to your opinion as much as anyone here. but if you were a music critic working for a newspaper or a magazine, you would be counted on (by the faithful readers of said publication) to have actual fact based opinions, made in real world times. for instance...i'm new to this country. i have never seen a movie filmed in the western hemisphere. i rely on laz the film reviewer to tell me what the best movies of the last century are to see. do you recommend the godfather? citizen cane? jaws? 2001 space odyssee? raging bull? no,laz...you recommend spongebob freaking squarepants.

not that there isn't a wee bit of charm in old spondebob...but that just isn't based on real world events. it COULD be your favorite movie, but it isn't the best movie.

by your own admission, you say YOU are more entertaining than paulie is, right? why don't you show us some of your talent. lets see if you are as worthy of making the rock and roll hall of fame as you think you are.
I said i am more entertaining than paulie on the occassions he belts out Let It Be like a cat that's lost its lungs and it trying to play piano.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby EddieV » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:15 am

Got it today!!!YESSSSSSSS :lol:
Now junior behave yourself
User avatar
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7038
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:13 am
Location: Svendborg, Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron