::Paul McCartney: The Space Within US

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:10 am

Laz is just one of those who have only got to hear Paul on this tour initially from fan bootlegs. From experience, the audio mix is not correct and you have an improper perspective. For example, put a cd in your car or stereo. Listen to it normal, sounds fine. But then turn the volume down so you just barely hear it. Guess what, you hear all kinds of weirds things and the vocals sound way off key. It's your brain trying to process audio information that isn't all there.

As per Laz, we'll, he did not enjoy any of these performaces live so either he heard so many of these fan bootlegs he's drawn incorrect conclusions on the over all performances, or he's just plain doesn't like Paul live.

Man, I've seen the Stones and other groups live and though they put on a good show, musically, they do not compare at all to the quality and musicianship you get at a McCartney concert. Paul McCartney is spot on, in the orginal key and true to the orginal recordings.

So if his opinion is he hates this DVD, and he wants to let everyone know that here, well buddy, this is a Paul McCartney website and message board so be prepared to get flamed. Be prepared to get lots of tomatoes thrown at you. Don't be surprised at remarks tossed in your direction. Don't get angry at name calling. You wanted your 15 minutes of fame and we'll you got it. Now take it like a man.
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

The Space Within Us

Postby Beatlegirl61 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:56 am

:( All insults aside...

I feel this is going to turn out to be a 'rip-off' as well...But I still want to add this to my collection! If you're a
TRUE MACCA FAN, then you'll buy this...If you were at the concert, like I was...then it's a gem of a collector's item to own this DVD I suppose! After all, this is probably THE last concert Paul will do...So think about buying this if you are a TRUE Macca fan!! :roll:

Peace people and fight nice!! lol :wink:

Carol in Philadelphia :)

"Nothing you can do that can't be done"
"Too many waitin' for that lucky break"
User avatar
Beatlegirl61
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:14 pm

Mike wrote:Laz is just one of those who have only got to hear Paul on this tour initially from fan bootlegs. From experience, the audio mix is not correct and you have an improper perspective. For example, put a cd in your car or stereo. Listen to it normal, sounds fine. But then turn the volume down so you just barely hear it. Guess what, you hear all kinds of weirds things and the vocals sound way off key. It's your brain trying to process audio information that isn't all there.

As per Laz, we'll, he did not enjoy any of these performaces live so either he heard so many of these fan bootlegs he's drawn incorrect conclusions on the over all performances, or he's just plain doesn't like Paul live.

Man, I've seen the Stones and other groups live and though they put on a good show, musically, they do not compare at all to the quality and musicianship you get at a McCartney concert. Paul McCartney is spot on, in the orginal key and true to the orginal recordings.

So if his opinion is he hates this DVD, and he wants to let everyone know that here, well buddy, this is a Paul McCartney website and message board so be prepared to get flamed. Be prepared to get lots of tomatoes thrown at you. Don't be surprised at remarks tossed in your direction. Don't get angry at name calling. You wanted your 15 minutes of fame and we'll you got it. Now take it like a man.

I base my opinion on the majority of times i've seen Paul perform(live recorded performances).

I've seen the BITUS DVD and that was pretty sucky. Not something i'm ever going to watch again. I'm assuming from the description that this TSWI dvd is going to be much of the same.

I've seen one of the performances on The Space Within' US DVD already, the MIR performance. That was one of the most embarrassing performances i've seen of Pauls in recent memory.

A good live performance from Paul, was the last SuperBowl show he did. That was very good.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Paperback Writer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:29 pm

laz, on your way back to Pluto - stick this in your ear - I WAS AT THE MIR concert and it was the best concert I have ever experienced! See my review (and others) in the concert section. (This includes the Stones, Who, CSN+Y, Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers and hundreds of other great performers.)

Macca has no peer!

Bring something to the table , instead of your bitching, griping and self-rightiousness. Your a contrarian simply to inspire self-attention and controversy towards yourself. So that's my fuc*in opinion!
Your a boor.
(YAWN!)
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
User avatar
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:32 am
Location: San Francisco, CA.

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:29 pm

A good performance was Toronto, Las Vegas, both shows. Being there live is nothing at all like watching a video. Though it sparks intense memories, nothing, nothing is like being there, 20,000 fans most of which are there cuz they want to be, all positive, all loving the moment. Every moment seems to be the perfect moment. That cannot be captured at all on film. It can be film, it can stir memories, but it cannot duplicate the moment.

I suppose if one just sees the video and compares it soley with the orginal recording and looking at how perfect the performance is. Of course if you don't like the song in the first place, that won't help. English Tea isn't my favourite off Chaos and Creation, but Paul certainly performs it to the tee.

I was in the soundcheck for Toronto and "Friends To Go" was done sooo goood it was aching for it to be added to the setlist but I am so glad it is included on the DVD. I talked with both Rusty and Brian after the soundcheck and they seemed to agree, one of their favourite songs too. I think when you guys here "Friends To Go", most will agree.
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby JennyWren » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Oh, my, such strong criticisms of this DVD, and it's not even out yet. Seems premature to criticize it.

I feel this is going to turn out to be a 'rip-off' as well...


Oh, dear. If you think it's a rip-off, then why not stay away from it? Why get it and then complain about it?

I don't get it.

As for me, I'm gonna choose to enjoy it....even if it does turn out to be similar to BITUS. (By now, you know that I go to the other extreme....it's rare you'll find me criticizing Macca's work. Is this any better than being overly critical? Probably not. )

JennyWren, a perplexed songbird indeed
User avatar
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Nebraska USA

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:37 pm

Paperback Writer wrote:Bring something to the table , instead of your bitching, griping and self-rightiousness. Your a contrarian simply to inspire self-attention and controversy towards yourself. So that's my fuc*in opinion!
Your a boor.
(YAWN!)


RIGHT ON MAN, Power to the People and all that.
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:38 pm

Mike wrote:
Paperback Writer wrote:Bring something to the table , instead of your bitching, griping and self-rightiousness. Your a contrarian simply to inspire self-attention and controversy towards yourself. So that's my fuc*in opinion!
Your a boor.
(YAWN!)


RIGHT ON MAN, Power to the People and all that.

PErhaps you dislike my opinion so, because you will eat up anything macca puts out.

What controversy? Macca has put out lots of crap in his day.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Paperback Writer wrote:Bring something to the table , instead of your bitching, griping and self-rightiousness. Your a contrarian simply to inspire self-attention and controversy towards yourself. So that's my fuc*in opinion!
Your a boor.
(YAWN!)


RIGHT ON MAN, Power to the People and all that.

PErhaps you dislike my opinion so, because you will eat up anything macca puts out.

What controversy? Macca has put out lots of crap in his day.


Wow, what a crazy concept -- members of a Macca forum who like most everything he puts out! Hmmm, they must be pretty big fans!!

Lazhole, you're an attention whore! More sh*t comes out of your mouth daily than goes into the London septic waste system in a year! You want attention, so you will say whatever will draw attention to you, your posts, and your imaginary music. You're a loser in the truest sense of the word. Mike will ban you shortly. Not because he "differs" with your opinons -- but because you don't really have any true opinions at all. They're just statements to get everyone riled up. Bye bye Lazhole!
Image
No one understaaaaands...
User avatar
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:10 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan

Postby Paperback Writer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:32 pm

YAWN! laz, nobody cares what you think. YAWN. :D :) :lol: 8)
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
User avatar
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:32 am
Location: San Francisco, CA.

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest