BACKSTAGE PASS

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

BACKSTAGE PASS

Postby ONE » Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:52 pm

DOES ANYONE HAVE A TIP ON GETTING A BACKSTAGE PASS OR A WAY TO MEET PAUL. I AM GOING TO CLEVELAND.
ONE

BACKSTAGE PASS

Postby ONE » Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:52 pm

DOES ANYONE HAVE A TIP ON GETTING A BACKSTAGE PASS OR A WAY TO MEET PAUL. I AM GOING TO CLEVELAND.
ONE

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:44 pm

In my dreams, man! I'd probably pass out. LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby abner@xday » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:32 am

One of my childhood friends is a session guitarist who has toured with many singers/musicians, from legendary rock stars and on down. I have been fortunate enough to hang out with him backstage on numerours occasions. Aside from actually 'knowing someone in the band', here are the three ways you can get back stage:

1) Be a REALLY HOT girl.(see Almost Famous)
2) Have a job that gets you backstage. I know this sounds stupid, but its true. Aside from the roadies,promotion staff, and the band, practically everyone else backstage are local folks with regular jobs. Caterers, drivers, security, engineering/facilities workers for the arena etc.This group ALWAYS outnumbers the people working and traveling on tour. (except if there is a 'crew' or 'posse' hanging with the band)
3) Be somehow involved with the Corporate sponsor of the tour, like be a VP for XYZ Beer company entertaining clients.

Mind you these will get you back stage, but good luck actually meeting the 'star' as they are generally sequestered away from eveyone including the friends of the band playing his/her music.
abner@xday

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:52 am

I saw Sting in 1985--shook his hand for about 5 seconds, and he was gone. Did get to chat with those cute backup singers and Branford M...he was cool--Big Earl campbell-Oilers fan. Sting struck me as being taller than i had thought---piercing eyes, man..but he was cordial. Sad thing is, I'm not really a huge fan--and I felt guilty, because i know if s huge STING fan that wsn't much of a macca fan got to meet Paul, I'd be hugely pissed. LOL..I'm sure Liam is salivating somewhere about now..[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:10 am

Great points, Abner. Another (SOMETIMES relatively easy)way to meet your favorite rock star is to hang out behind the arena by the tour buses after the show. My girlfriend and I met Beck this way. (VERY cool dude, I might add.) We also got our picture taken with him and autographs, both of which I need to scan into my computer. Anyway, my point is, even if you don't get to actually shake the star's hand or speak with them personally, if you hang out by the tour buses long enough, you'll most likely at least get to see them relatively close up board the bus, and you can get a couple good pictures out of it. As long as I've been going to concerts, I've never understood why more people don't do this. I do it after almost every show. (Didn't do it for Paul because the way the arena is set up, the back of the arena was probably in some alley, which is not a good thing in DC. LOL. Plus, I was with my mother.) Every time I go back by the tour buses after a show, there are only about 20 to 30 other fans TOPS, out of the 10,000 + who attended the show. Granted, sometimes you have to wait at least a good hour for your star to come out, but believe me, it's worth it. Also shows your dedication as a fan.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:57 pm

Ram--you will like this one....In Cleveland, July 1990, We were waiting by the limo entrance to the stadium along with about 50 others...Paul & Linda rode by in the limo and rolled down the window enoguht to see his eyes and stick out his hand and wave....I then looked to my left...who's waiting to get thru going the other way, coming out of the bowels of old Cleveland Stadium? You guessed it...Mr Kosar. I was pretty excited about that, too. LOL

Thanks for the cool beck story, which jogged my memory of that!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours