The Beatles' album post- 1970

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

The Beatles' album post- 1970

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:43 pm

I opened this topic because I think "Ringo" album deserves special comments for that had been the Beatles reunion in a certain way in a album post-1970 after the group breakup. Although that was not a planned reunion of the Fabs, as producer Richard Perry told, Jonh was working on "I'm The Greatest" track, somoene told him that George was around in LA, not sure, I think was in Sunset Sound studios and John said to call up him to play some guitar lines on the song, and George did come, didn't talk almost nothing and started to play with John and Ringo, and Perry amazed said that the Beatles "Magic" was happening there!! Can you imagine anyone who could watch something like that???

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:52 pm

George colaborated in several tracks of that album, and gave Ringo a "little" help to write "Photograph" the big Ringo's hit that time, and did the same on "Sunshine Life For Me", "For You And Me"(Babe)"(curiously Mal Evans co-wrote it).
Paul gave him the beautiful melody "Six O'Clock", played synthsizers(amazingly played!), and sang on backing vocals beside Linda. I think is one of the most inspired Macca lyrics as well as the melody.
Macca also played mouth sax on "You're Sixteen", a curious Macca participation I think. This song reached good position in the charts too.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:00 pm

Beyond the three Beatle-mates, many others famous guests colaborated on that album, people like Marc Bolan(T.Rex, remmember?), Billy Preston, Robbie Robertson, Nicky Hopkins, Harry Nilsson, Martha Reeves, Ricky Danko, Tom Scott, Bobby Keys, Merry Clayton , etc.
That's a great album, an anthologycal album of mid-70s!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:09 pm

A star-studded album for sure. I played it alot when it first came out. Gotta get the CD, I guess! You make we wanna hear it now, man.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:16 am

Yes Steve, and as I told you before there you´ll find "It Don´t Come Easy" as a bonus track, the first Ringo song that the media and the people took seriously about him as a singer/musician. That reached #2 on the charts(not too sure of), a great deed done by Ringo!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:32 am

The album songs are great, but I didn´t mention about the cover yet!!
The cover is a great job, Tim Bruckner could capture the party-like show atmosphere of the album and well transfered that to the cover paintings. In the same way, the inner booklet litographs made by old friend of the Lads, Klaus Voorman, are just wonderful!! Klaus really is an excepcional artist, as a designer or even as a bass player!!
In summary, the whole album is wonderful to me!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:19 pm

I also didn´t mention about "Oh, My My" track that was also a big hit, and I think that´s a cheerful song that raises my spirit when I listen to... really good song!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:28 pm

"Early 1970", one of bonus track was the B-side of "IDCE" single, and is a good-humored Ringo´s point of view about the breakup of The Beatles.His comments are funny about his relation with the mates soon after the group breakup. George did a good guitar playing on this song.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:28 am

NITO---I went to a local CD place yesterday, and they only had the old version on CD. I must keep looking. I definately want the one with BOB and IDCE.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:19 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
NITO---I went to a local CD place yesterday, and they only had the old version on CD. I must keep looking. I definately want the one with BOB and IDCE.

Steve - I have to correct myself because I said on the thread above that "BOB" is on "Ringo"'s CD as a bonus, but that was on "Goodnight Vienna"'s CD(another good one of Ringo), alright fellow?? Well, have also to say that I bought those in 1996's edition, so I don't know if those bonus are the same on updated editions.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to RINGO