33 1/3

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

33 1/3

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:47 pm

"33 1/3" is a George's album too much better than "ET", maybe because he was in love with Olivia Arias, a brand new love that time, he did a good work on that. Songs like "This Song"(good-humored parody of the lawsuit for plagiarism of "My Sweet Lord" against him), "Crackerbox Palace"(never forgot the promo), "True Love" cover(same here, unforgettable promo), "It's What You Value", "Woman Don't You Cry For Me" are in a very good mood. Good George's album!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:26 pm

At this point Dsnito I have to confess to having this album for several years, but have only listened to it once (shame on me!). I'll try and listen to it over the next few days, then I'll let you know what I think.
jet

Postby Cmoon » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:45 pm

I bought this album when it first came out in 1976 and remains to this day one of my 3 favorite solo Beatle albums. Great songs, fantastic playing, (check out Georges guitar intro to "Pure Smokey")and the disco flavored "Woman don't you cry for me", the beautiful "Beautiful Girl" I call that song a sequel to "Something", the whole album is a great listen, I think I'll play it !!!
Cmoon

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:45 am

Again, I don't know. I don't have it, and haven't seen it around either. I'll have to have a hunt for it . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:47 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
This is my third fave GH album, behind ATMP and Cloud Nine. A big improvement over the two that preceeded it. Some really nice moments.

Yeah Steve, "Cloud Nine" was the great George´s return in late 1987 after a long break of album releasing since "Gone Troppo" in 1982. Seems that he finally accepted the fact he was a former-Beatle and couldn´t deny that anymore, then he wrote "When We Was Fab" a Beatle-climated song, but a bit ironic yet, as George ever was.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:02 am

Oh man- I forgot about Gone Troppo. I thought he had GONE MAD when that one came out. OUCH!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:32 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Oh man- I forgot about Gone Troppo. I thought he had GONE MAD when that one came out. OUCH!

LOL Steve[:D] - Weak album indeed!! I can't even remmember if that appeared on the charts!!!
I think "Somewhere In England" and "Faster" released before are much better than "Troppo"!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:31 pm

"Faster" is an album that I well remmember when that was released because George came up in Brazil in 1979 to watch the F1 races and stayed with his friends Jackie Stewart and Emerson Fittipaldi racers.
He also used his stay to divulgation of his "Faster" album over here. All the Beatle fans excited here, 'cos actually was the 1st former Beatle coming to Brazil.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:37 pm

"Blow Away" and "Love Comes To Everyone" were great hits over here and kept on the top of the Brazilian charts for some weeks.
"LCTE" even deserved a Portuguese version of a considerable popular Brazilian singer Zizi Possi.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:54 pm

Blow Away was on the self titled GH debut on Waner Bors Recors in 1979. Was it called Faster in brazil, NITO? a great song with a catchy hook.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to GEORGE